Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Athlon 2400 chip acting flakey

So I have this problem, system appears to do a partial shutdown. There is a click sound from the case, video dies and it just sits there with the cooling fans running.

Sometimes it will reboot or lock up.

It's an MSI KT4V Ultra mobo, 2400 XP proc. 512 corsair 2700, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, 120 gig WD and a 550 watt power supply.

There is a diagnotic display that comes with the KT4V Ultra that gives a sequence of lights to tell you what's up

Just last night, it told me the proc. was bad, reset the power supply and it then told me that the memory was bad.

Reset the power supply a third time and the machine came up.

Had A 2200 in this same machine 2 weeks ago and it was uber stable. Is there something funky with the 2400's that I should know about?

:shoot3: :devil win

If ya still runnin' at stock voltages then increase both the CPU and memory voltages by 0.1 volt and see if that settles it down. ;)

The voltage settings are actually set to "auto". If you think that would matter.

Not sure where to set them outside of that.

Try between 1.7v-1.75v on the CPU and 2.65v-2.75v on the memory plus what timings is the memory set at? :?:

Not real sure about the memory, this is my first "do-it-yourself" machine. So any further help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks again

Not real sure about the memory, this is my first "do-it-yourself" machine. So any further help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks again

:eek: I must be seeing double, damn this beer...
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Thread Information