Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2400+ 333 w/KT333 Dragon?

Well, I've heard that the KT333 dragon ultra platinum doesn't "officially" support the 333 RAM. Does anyone know if it will run the ram at 166? or will the board not support the 333 version processor? and will the increase from 266 to 333 make that big a difference? grassy-ass.

EPoX and Gigabyte mobo's based on that chipset can run PC2700 (DDR333) at it's full potentual (well maybe not the Gigabyte so much as possible when compared to EPoX) and I'd not expect MSI's offerin' to be any different even though I havn't used one.

Here is what i got out of my system-

Gigabyte GA7VAX1394 mobo (KT400)
    AMD 2400+
    512mg 2700 DDR

Hope that helps some. :thumb:

so, does soyo suck or something?:hammer:

I'm sorry but a lot of ppl out there have tales of woe with this brand though do check their website for BIOS updates. :(

hmmm... i've updated and have kept current with the drivers and so forth. Ive also heard of a problem with the audigy series and the VIA chipset. My sound will jump on DVD's and some games and do some weird stuff every once and a while. Have you heard of this? If you have, do you know if these problems transferred to the Audigy 2?

Most of the SB probs have disappeared but do be sure to use it in a PCI slot that doesn't share it's IRQ with anything else (ya mobo manual should state the shares).

cool thanks, I'll mess around w/that. If i do have to get a new mobo, what would you recommend? I have a XP2200+, GF4 Ti4200 and 512mb DDR333 samsung RAM. Overclocking is a biggie. Oh, I saw your 2600+ rig. Very sweet.:thumb:

ATM the nForce2 chipset is the way to go as it's just so much in front of the VIA alternative (the KT400A catches up a little but still not enough) and as always I'd suggest the EPoX version for both price and performance.

Ok, how do I take a snapshot of my desktop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information