Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Facts about AMD

I got a question for all of you AMD birds out there. Why do you all claim that your chip is better than Intel's one? I don't want to hear religion, because I know that this might get into a pissing match. I want facts, pure and simple. No religious stuff. I want to hear both sides of the story and am willing to listen.

Chaos :flames:

Who said they were better? :confused:

gets beer ready for BBQ

Lots of people. Look at the images people pick for their visual profile thing. Many of them have pro AMD patches. That right there is a good indicator. On top of that their have been people that have posted replies to me stating how great AMD is and how Intel products aren't as good.

Chaos:thumb:

A lot of ppl buy AMD because in some places around the world the Intel alternative is to dear (admittedly not as bad here as it use to be).

Hmmmm.....i didn't think of that. But still here in the US there are a lot of AMD fans. I guess it is because they are religious. You see I am not a die-hard religious person when it comes to computers. I get (not always purchase:cool:) the stuff that is the best at that time, not the company that used to make the best. I think that a lot of people buy the company, not the product. Sort of. Anywyas enough of my brilliant philosophy. lol:D

Chaos:flames:

Ya ever thought that they just maybe better for doin' the particular jobs that the person wants of them? :?:

Unless ya deal with a lot of SSE2 instructions then the AMD is better. With what I use my PC's for the P4 is found lackin' as it doesn't handle raw code and heavy FP operations very well but I've always said that there are certain horses for certain courses so look at ya course before choosin' a horse.

price,........i paid bout $84 for the 2100xp which is stock at 1.73ghz....and a 1.8 P4 is 104-140 depending on which socket ya get....and im not totally sure but with intels there OC'ing ability isnt as impressive as AMD's....but i could be wrong....

Grabs the chips and beer and takes a seat.. ;)

:cheers:

How come the AMDs are not as seemingly fast in Ghz but run just as well?

Chaos

its just the way they rate them now....i tried asking intel reps that at best buy but they refuse to comment...lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information