Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMD Tbird's

Got an AHYJA 1.4GHz, and I think it's a coveted "Y" variant. I should right down the stuff on the core when I take it out next week.

I heard last week that Intel stopped making 386's????

GOD NO !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

==========

haha

I didn't even know they stopped making them....they still make the older durons why would they stop making newer TBird's becides my supplier newegg.com always has tbirds in stock even on the 200MHz bus...heh

Thats all stockpile. They stopped in Oct 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    I heard last week that Intel stopped making 386's????

GOD NO !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Yup happened two weeks ago. Out of the Blue - WHAM! Intel says no more.

i got the last tbird a 1.4ghz in the last week of september are you guys saying the tbird was or is a good processor compared to the others on the market i always felt that the tbird runs damn hot

I got my athlon tbird 1.4Ghz in the last week of september also...The Tbirds are exceptional processors, the 1.4Ghz is 33% faster then the 1.7Ghz Pentium 4 in most benchmarks except for memory of course. The Tbird core was expected to hit 1.7GHz but they stopped at 1.4 back in february of 2001 becuase of how hot they ran. I have a WBK38 strapped on my processor and during idle times mine runs at 98 F during minimal processing it runs at 104 after a long game of quake 3 it runs at 109 and after full load it runs at 115 usually, I'm very happy with those temps considering my computer has 11 fans total.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information