Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandra says I can upgrade my processor..

I have a 2.4ghz 533fsb cpu in my mobo with the 850E chipset, I ran the stuff on Sandra and it said that my mobo will support a 3.06+ ghz cpu. What would I have to do in order to upgrade my cpu (i don't think I'm going to). Would I notice a deffernce because my chipset? Would I have HT? One more thing- My mobo supports pc800 rdram, is there any way to get to support 1066 rdram?
    P4 2.4B, 1024 PC800 RdRAM,
    Sheety Video Card (mx420),
    Not enough power supply,
    probly runs hot,
    to broke to buy a DVD-rom, 40x10x40x cdrw
    80gig HD (probly 2mb cache)
    Brought to me all from Dell.
    (I'll build my next one)

If you don't know more about your mobo, you'll have to go to Dell for the answers.

What do I need to know about mobo? I have all the information....

Who actually made the motherboard would be a start followed by the model number.

Quote Originally Posted by WatzThsDoo
    What do I need to know about mobo? I have all the information....
    Like Wiggo said, find out the manufacturer of your motherboard and the model number. From there you can goto your mobo manufacturer's website and find the information you desire about your motherboard, including the max supported CPU speeds and what speed RAM is supported.

You said you're already using Sandra, so you can use that to determine your motherboard. Just select the Mainboard Information Module and scroll down a little. It will list the manufacturer and model number, along with BIOS information and a ton of other stuff.

Sandra is so simple to operate, it is crazy. Why don't people get it? I mean, I am not that profficient in pcs yet and I know that. hmmm.

Chaos:thumb:

( Dells)
    No where on Dell's website does it offer me information on what my mobo's max cpu speed is, or memory. And who doesnt "get" sandra, chaos? Fu*% it, I'll just wait till this pc blows up(or i'll blow it up) before I build one. Thanks for your help..

Quote Originally Posted by WatzThsDoo
    ( Dells)
    No where on Dell's website does it offer me information on what my mobo's max cpu speed is, or memory. And who doesnt "get" sandra, chaos? Fu*% it, I'll just wait till this pc blows up(or i'll blow it up) before I build one. Thanks for your help..
    I meant manufacturer as in the motherboard manufacturer, not Dell. So, if Sandra lists you as having an Asus board then you'd need to goto the Asus website and locate the specs on the model.

It says "Dell Computer Corporation" is the manufacturer of my mobo??

Open up your system and look for a sticker on it. There will be a long number, that's the serial number of the board. There is also a shorter number which looks something like AAC####-###. Tell me that number and I can tell you what it supports. The 850 chipset Dell motherboards were designed by Intel. They have a Dell BIOS though, which sucks because Dell BIOS is a huge pain in the ass for testing the board. :D

Anyways, I work in the Test Development Engineering department for Intel Motherboards, so I can find out info on your board. I just need to know the board number, especially the last 3 digits.

Also, go into CMOS settings and find out what version the BIOS is. It should be something like a A03 or a A04. It's been a while since I worked on those boards, so I'm not up to date on the latest BIOS. I used to go work at their plant in Nashville, TN at least once a month setting up test platforms. It's a pretty impressive operation they have there.
    Where's my drink?

Morgan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information