Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help please

i hear static all the time on my computer, i moved my computer to a diffrent room and it started doing it... during games, while listening to music, or just screwing around on the desktop...
    i tried changing audio cards and drivers, could it be a problem with grounding? any help would be great, its really freaking annoying

Do you hear through your speakers?, Or your modem? What is your current sound card? :confused:

Do you have a cell or mobile phone near by?

You computer may not be reconizing the sound card. You may be able to remove the sound card from the Device Manager (right-click MyComputer, select properties, device manager) and reboot which should force the computer to reinstall the drivers. (You may need you OS disk to reinstall drivers)

if that doesnt work - try moving your video card as far away as possible from you sound card (your pci slots) - sometimes there is a possibility of interference (so I read)

I'll keep looking for ya, goodluck
    :thumb:

is it your ears?! :laugh: have you tried different speakers at all?

ta ta

its usually a problem with cable connections to the soundcard and/or connections between speakers and subwoofer..

cable could be grounding to something metal or as well the ports on the soundcard could somehow ground to the case....it can happen.

just an idea

:afro:

I used to use the motherboards audio card, it worked ok till i moved the computer, then the static started... so i changed the sound card to my old sound blaster. still did it... hisses through my speakers, headphones and whatever else i hook it up to.
    my video card is in the agp slot, and the sound card is second from bottom in the pci slots... the static changes a little bit when i move the mouse around or use the scroll wheel...
    arrg! lol

Hey I found this forum..

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hard..._20231189.html

sounds simular

thanks guys... ill give some of those ideas that were on that forum post a shot, hopefully somthing works...
    :)

Two different soundcards and same problem..

something is grounding out in your sound system and it has to be external I think unless your recieving feedback from something else.

:devil:

Could it be my serge protector? or power cable or somthing like that?

WOOHOO!!! fixed it! it was the cable that goes from the cd rom to the sound card...
    thanks for the help guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information