Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AMD 2000+ and Leadtek ncr180d Mobo

Hi guys,
    I had a Gigabyte mobo running at the correct and default FSB of 133. My new Leadtek motherboard is running at a default FSB of 100 when it should be 133. If I change the BIOS to 133 it results in XP not loading. I've tried changing the J9 jumper but to no avail -- my PC thinks it's an AMD 1250 !
    I'm not even trying to overclock (yet), I just want my 2000+ to run as a 2000+.
    Any suggestions?

AMD 2000+ XP
    Windows Home XP SP1
    WD 80gb
    PNY Ti4200
    Leadtek ncr18d pro mobo
    3 x 256 Kingston PC2100

Thanks.

hi there.

You could try these steps. In bios

Change the multiplier to 12.5
    Then change the FSB to 133
    Then Change the Vcore up a notch to see if it boots.

I had a similar problem on my MSI board the other day. I couldn't get it to boot after changing the FSB after remembering that I hadn't even checked the vcore. After I upped that it boots fine. Mine is also a 2000+

Thanks for the prompt reply :)
    I don't think I can change the multiplier -- there's something called X Bios, which tweaks something but I'm not sure what. It says things like x1, x2, x12, x14 etc etc Would this be the multiplier (sorry, not a very good description if you're not familiar with this BIOS)
    My Vcore is at 1.76 currently. Would that sound about right? I'm running a 450W power supply if that makes any difference ...

*isn't very technical*

~B.

Yeah that does sound like the multiplier. However your Vcore sounds like its ok. I think I only put mine up to 1.575 or something like that and that sorted everything.

Looks to me like your system is quite a good Kingston memory etc so I don't think that this will be effecting your FSB rating.

whats the highest FSB you can get which allows Windows to load ok?

100 is the max -- any change at all causes Windows to hang before loading. I'm confused now -- my Vcore sounds much higher than yours -- is it worth putting it down rather than up?
    Thanks!

~B.

Well I guess its worth a try. Its possiable that the cpu is generating too much heat and crashing but I wouldn't have thought it a possiability. Try it and see what happens. :)

Thread Information