Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just a question...

Quote Originally Posted by //alias
    will you be able to run a 800FSB processor on a 533 mhz mobo?

//alias
    A DEFINITE YES !!!
    * i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 - Evga x58 Tri-SLi
    * 2x Samsung 410 slim 250's = RAID0 - Samsung F3 1TB - 18gig Mushkin 1333 - Evga 560 x2-SLi - Corsair 1000HX/CM Cosmos 1010 - Windows 7 Ultimate

* XFi Titanium - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel - Soyo 24" - 42" Samsung B450 Plasma
    * "Random segments of code and ghosts in my machine"
    Heatware

how? can u tell me. because i wanted to upgrade my CPU from 533 MHz to 800 MHz bus speed, but at the moment my motherboard only support 400/533 MHz. By the way my motherboard is Gigabyte GA-8INXP E7205 chipset.

"I MaY nOt WhAt ThEy CaLlEd PERFECT bUt SoMe PaRtS Of Me ArE ŁUcKiNg ExElLeNt!"

Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    how? can u tell me. because i wanted to upgrade my CPU from 533 MHz to 800 MHz bus speed, but at the moment my motherboard only support 400/533 MHz. By the way my motherboard is Gigabyte GA-8INXP E7205 chipset.
    You can run a 800 bus cpu on a 533 bus board , but it will ony run at 533 bus speeds.
    But you will also benifit from the cpu's HT thats on the 800 bus chips , but again your board and OS must also support HT
    (Hyper-Threading).
    (sorry for any misunderstanding in earlier post)

stereo55
    * i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 - Evga x58 Tri-SLi
    * 2x Samsung 410 slim 250's = RAID0 - Samsung F3 1TB - 18gig Mushkin 1333 - Evga 560 x2-SLi - Corsair 1000HX/CM Cosmos 1010 - Windows 7 Ultimate

* XFi Titanium - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel - Soyo 24" - 42" Samsung B450 Plasma
    * "Random segments of code and ghosts in my machine"
    Heatware

The review I read on Tom's Hardware Guide shows that E7205 boards do run as fast as FSB750-800MHz when overclocked. If your board has fixed AGP/PCI speeds it would be easier. If ur short in cash for now just buy the cpu and buy a new mobo later. :thumb:
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

hey bro ufuk21p, is it true that i can overclock my system and reach that speed you mentioned on your reply?

Can you tell me, how can i do it plz! thanks in advance!

and one more thing... can you link me to that site you're talking about, where you have read the review about mobo's having E7205 chipset. cheers!

http://www.tomshardware.com/

you ought'a know that site - always a part of hardware news in some form or fashion :)

or have you not been reading the front page of this site recently?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

thanks man for the links!
    Aaaamm... Im new to the forum, and my connection is slow. You know... its only a typical 56K modem. So it takes quite ages to load a single page. But i'm getting DSL soon, so that i will be able to visit every room in this forum.

Anyway :cheers:

one question....

why would you bother upgrading to an 800fsb chip if you're only running it on a 533 compatible mobo?

I mean, even if it's POSSIBLE, isn't it a bit of a waste of time?

mxmai

thats personal mate! :laugh: obviously, thats everyones goal, to have a fast system.

Maybe my MOBO, do only support 533 bus speed at the moment, but hey, are you gonna stay with your current system forever? :laugh: i think your answer is gonna be a big NO, obviously you don't want to be left behind to todays technology :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information