Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: nVidia + Sunbeam Tech + Xoxide Input Global Competition

ok, only thing i can think of is to compress your banners and logos to make it load faster, cause their not compressed (or at least very well) right now. Thats all folks!
    -=Gh3tt0PC=-

TweakTown is a great site and i have been reading the news and reviews for a long time now, but i am now venturing into the forums (as if i am not a member of enough forums :rolleyes: ).

Here is some of the ideas i have come up with after long hard think.

1. A post count display so people can see how many posts have been made by anyone in each of their posts. This means people can see who the regulars are and the regulars are usualy the most knowable people :)

2. More PC hardwre reviews and comparisons. I alway like to see big comparisons including most of competition so that you can see all the hardware at once tested under the same conditions. Although i do know that this is not often possible because of time constraints and availablity.

3. An online chat channel hosted at TT would be great, I have seen it at some other forums and it works good when there are a lot a of members (like here).

4. You could organise the site into different sections, like Motherboards, CPU's, Video Card's and Monitors, Giudes, and then on the front page the main big news could be posted. This could make it easier for people to find what they are looking for.

Hope some of my ideas are helpful and that i haven't repeated what has already been said (I'm too lazy to read 3 pages of posts :))

Have occasional indepth analysis, but have more frequent less-deep contents. One way to generate more traffic is to have more news/updates.

Maybe rotating weeks of product types (ex. case fans, heat sink, video, audio, case) and have different news each day about that particular product type.

I would say that Tweak Town is an excellent site as it is. The only thing that could really improve it is a downloads section. While reading guides I have come across links to download programs like SiSoftware's Sandra etc, and each time I think to myself, wow this is a cool program I wonder what other programs Tweak Town recommends. Then I look for a downloads section and I don't see it. Anyway I think that an organized downloads section would be and excellent addition to Tweak Town.

What can I say that hasn't already been said? TweakTown is a great site, one of the best. But if I"ve got to say something then here goes:
    -an actaully case mods gallery instead of one very long thread
    -more in-depth hardware reviews
    -more guides on a wider varitey of hardware and software
    -a few more styles and smilies to pick from

It's kinda hard to come up with anyting for a site as good as this one is

:cheers:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

how about a shortened 1 page overview so that you can get the idea without wading through several pages if it is an article that does not at this time interest you. Apart from that it is great - keep up the good work. As a Londoner it is a pleasure to get real information that does not come directly from America.
    Howard V Bretman

MY suggestion:
    make an easy way to get from the forums back to tweaktown(the articles) am I missing it? If you hit home it brings you to the forum home. I didn't even realise there were articles for the first 6 months I visited the site.
    another would be to increase the peer reviews of new hardware/software I know this is up to the members but having just bought a digital camera I would have liked to known if any other members had bought the same camera before I did.
    well there is the winning suggestion, I would give a vote to WORD BIKER, GRIM REAPER, and FEDELE for 2nd place as i agree with there suggestions.
    no leaf

Tweaktown Rockz!
    :cheers:

Radical Tweaktown news is the slam & do NOT do anything to rack it up! If there were something needing change TT would surely have done it already. You're the final approach to 411...
    Universal Love....
    :group:

Well I'm picky about the websites I visit regularily, and like many others this seems like an easy choice to return to every day. Anyways, a website is never complete so heres my nitpicking...

1) More frequent news posts - Once in a while we go days without a news post, and I think it's because of the good pick of news bits that are posted that I feel neglected when theres no news:tears: So, great news posting, and I'd feel more motivated to return even more often (scary) to see whats new.

2) Integrating the site more - People are right, the left column of links could use a bit of a reworking just to make it stand out more and be viewed more clearly. And if possible, add or change the forums to be integrated with the main pages more as the more the better.

3) System rig page - Also as other people have said, somewhere you could have your own personal page (even if everyone has the same template) where you can upload your systems specs, benchmarks, and pictures of the beauts.

Other than that, can't think of anything without brain malfunctions so... good work

Here's one that might have been said. Clean up the long running 'Sticky' threads that have un-related posts.

For example, the 'Good Online Retailers' threads have a good amount of un-related posts that can be deleted, as well as multiple posts from the same user. Combining the posts (when feasable) will help condense those threads and make them much easier to use.

--------

And as someone else said archiving common questions is a very good idea. To expand on that, Maybe make a Forum Sub-division just for the best examples of threads asking common questions. Move very old threads that provide good advice into the new forum, and then we can suggest people look there first, but when a common question IS asked, we can easily just link to it without having to DIG through pages and pages of threads to find the one we're looking for.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information