Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: nVidia + Sunbeam Tech + Xoxide Input Global Competition

Well... I've read all the posts before mine and it seems everything I would suggest has already been added.

One suggestion that has already been mentioned that I think would add value to an already great site would be a Tweak Town recommended download page..Not the run of the mill downloads but the little jewels that many of us have found over the course of tweaking and playing.

I also notice Weta keeping the ATI and nVidia latest drivers up to data, but they could be arranged better on a seperate page and searchable. Perhaps listing known problems if they crop up in one release or another.

I for one have gained far more than I could possibly ever give back from this site.!! There is no way to improve on the heart and soul of the people that frequent it!!

If you could code that and smack it on a web page the world would be your oyster.....

I dont really know what much could be improved as it is already very good... but May be a News archive section in the left menu could be useful. May be change the Colors to have a new look if you feel bored of the same looking.
    :snip: :no:

If there's something that i really dislike about web forums, but i don't know what you could do to adress this here in tweaktown, is the way people title their threads.
    It's very time consuming when you are looking through the subjects and then you find something like "I nedd help" as a title for a thread. So you enter to read that post and that's something you don't know nothing about.
    There should be some system that made the titles have some relevant informations about their subject so people wouldn't enter in a topic in which they are not interested in.
    I don't know how you could create that, but i think that would be good.

The only thing I could think about is a translation of the posts. I know it's impossible to do it manually, but some sites have links to the translation of their pages through babelfish or something like that.
    You could add a button to translate your site in the babelfish engine.
    Nůs vamos invadir sua praia, baby

I believe that TweakTown is great right now, but one suggestion is to dive into the realm of software reviews. I have noticed that the site has great hardware reviews, so why not expand it to software also.

Second, maybe send out daily news report going on in the world of computers. Similar to what the show TechTV reports at the beginning of their show, 'The Screen Savers'.

Finally, it would be great to have a newsletter that talks about future products for computers. For instance I know serial ATA hard drives are out, but maybe discuss the pros and cons of future products, so therefore when we go and buy, lets say for instance a new hard drive, should we wait for serial ATA...items to that extend.

Hope it helps!!

Beefy Guest

Wow. A lot of interesting suggestions there. A couple of them are already implemented to a degree, but there's a lot of new stuff. Keep it up guys. :thumb:

I'd like to see some volunteers for things like news posts and stuff that actually have time of day to post regularly. :)

Couple of things to improve on:
    Clean-up of the Reviews page. Include the date the product was reviewed as well as its score, even the reviewers name.

When reviewing motherboards & CPUs, include temperatures when at stock setup, and include temps when overclocking. Never forget to mention what cooler is used either.

Feature request/suggestion:
    File Hosting. Local speedy downloads from the TT server for utilities/demos and other files deemed fit for hosting @ TT.

Everything looks pretty good, I've been browsing TT since it's beginnings and it gets better and better every year. The only area that I think needs a little improvement is the amount or lack there of, of in house reviews and guides. Most available on the site are pretty old and I'd rather read a review or guide made by the editors of TT than another website linked to on TT's start page. So IMO less linkage more in house stuff.

Keep up the good work :cheers:
    AMD Thunderbird AXIA 1000MHz @ 1400MHz
    MSI K7T266 Pro2
    Globalwin FOP-38 w/Delta
    1024MB PC2100 DDR (2-2-2)
    Leadtek Geforce 3 TD - 210/500
    Soundblaster Live!
    Plextor 16x10x40x
    20GB WD 7200RPM ATA66
    40GB WD 7200RPM ATA133
    60GB Maxtor 7200RPM ATA100
    Enlight Case / 17" Hansol Monitor

1. Thank you so much for removing the running total number of times members posted threads. I don't know if that was inadvertant when your server crashed (well, one of the times it crashed) or if it was a decision you made, but it has cut down on some members compulsive postings.

2. I would like to see a print-the-article feature like Anandtech uses. I like to read the articles in one fell swoop, rather that clicking from page to page.

3. I would like some uniformity in how often I have to sign in. On some visits it is once, today I had to re-sign in when I clicked from page one to page two of this thread. One time should be the goal.

4. When I've used your search engine, I have come up against having used too few letters. The MSI product search could have yielded results as opposed to Micro Star International not showing up results. It has been some time since I tried your search engine - if you've fixed it please forgive this suggestion.

5. Having an archive forum section with especially memorable threads or definative answers, as has been previously suggested, would make for interesting reading.

Keep the down home atmosphere. It makes this sight much more enjoyable than say - Ars Technica.

So far your suggestions are all simply wonderful and as you'll notice, I have already started implementing some of the ideas. The bigger site ideas will take more time, but you will see them appearing soon! :thumb:

Keep the suggestions coming people! :)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information