Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech TV

Thats the thing that I love about TechTV. They show a bit of everything. I admit that sometimes I do get a bit bored on thier segments, like last nights one on Brian Eno. Not that I dont like him, but just because he created the Win95 startup sound, doenst mean all techies and geeks alike are going to be interested.

They have Leo, the mac lover. Patrick can do a bit of everything. Kevin Ross, usuaully does hacking and linux stuff. Yoshi whos the modder, along with his mod mania book. Then theres Jessica who does the tips (as you seen yesterday). Sara does Google and News. So as you can see, you got macs, windows, linux, hacking, moding, and Jessica:D.

I find it really a great network. Always something for everyone. I think it is available to Australia if anyone wants to check it out. Just do remember that they dont know everything so sometimes you may not see eye to eye with them.

I think for the most part it is geared toward those who don't know everything. What's wrong with that?

Yes, it has changed a whole lot. What hasn't?

I still get a kick out of the show on the rare occasion I get to watch it.
    (been a handy freeware or two that I've discovered through the program as well) :)

They seem to cover a variety of topics, none too deeply of course.
    Whatever happened to the "Fridge Picture" anyway? It was a proud day for me when my PC was chosen for Fridge Pic.

Leo has been around the PC scene for a long time and Pat has got some skills too, no doubt about it.
    True enough though, I don't always agree with the advice they give sometimes (as in, it can be wrong). But as was stated, they often assume all of their audience is on the "noobish" side - while that is not always the case.

Given the viewing line-up offered, TechTV can be a real bright spot in a plethora of otherwise mindless and mundane viewing choices.
    Truthfully, I wish I was able to see more of it, in particular The ScreenSavers. They try very hard, and at times they rock.

Did I mention Patrick and I were born in the same hospital, not far from the Super Computing Laboratory?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    True enough though, I don't always agree with the advice they give sometimes (as in, it can be wrong).
    That happens to the best of people... *looks around*

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    they often assume all of their audience is on the "noobish" side - while that is not always the case.[/i]
    This is unfortunately the way it has to be. They can't exclude a significant portion of the market, and their potential growth by only restricting conversations and tips to advanced stuff. I find the same issues with my all guides - I have to assume that at least a fair portion of the audience may not know certain terms or common techniques and spell things out. Things like going on and on about updating drivers. Everyone should know this, but a surprisingly large number of people don't fully know where/how to keep drivers updated.

At least from the sounds of it Tech TV is a whole lot better than any computer shows we've had in Australia. The ones here have been atrocious, often just shameless fronts for a department store (Harvey Norman) or for flogging off a range of products.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information