Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flawed TT mailer about VIA

first of all 'incompatibilities and issues' is not for this kind of discussion what-so-ever. It could possibly go under 'Publication Discussion' but Whining just seems much more appropriate.

Secondly, every tech company has sent out products that were less than 100%. Do you expect them all to recall every product that doesn't meet the highest of standards? I certainly hope not or you clearly have no understanding of simple economics.

why are you dredging up stuff that happened in the last decade? 5+ years is a long time to hold a grudge. Via has been making decent products for years now.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I used the word "Christian" in the summary of the article because I known first hand how much of a religious company VIA are.

At just about every press conference I have sat in on, the CEO of VIA (Wen Chi Chen) will have a bible on hand and in his speeches will almost always have a reference about god or something relating closely to him.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Religious affiliation is rather unimportant. Like Cameron said, he knows that the CEO is a Christian, probably somewhat devout in his beliefs even.

As others have said, there are Christian people that do bad things [and those that don't]. As well, there are people of [more than likely] every religion that do or have done bad things. It's called the human condition.

The only reasoning I see behind using the word Christian is to establish that Cameron respects Mr. Chen's beliefs and that he felt it was an acceptable way of introducing the article.

I hope that no one has any different of a view of Mr. Chen simply because he has a religious affiliation and made "bad decisions" in a part of life(business) that isn't satisfactorily governed, if at all, by moral values.

If that were the case, then you you should really consider how Intel has turned the Pentium4 into a marketing chip rather than actually improving processor performance like they would have if development of the original Pentium4 would have been completed as Intel wanted to originally. Instead, they sold a "flawed product" that wrapped odds and ends to get your money.

That's business. Though I don't agree well with either company's decisions, they have continually worked to improve from their mistakes and bad decisions while occasionally screwing up again.

Don't forget that all of you(or is it a solitary person?) casting angry words have probably done this(something negatively affecting a person or people) to someone, though less noticeable and probably less problematic, in some form or fashion.

*I can almost guarantee there are people within Intel that are devout Christians, Muslims, or other religious types that were part of the bad decision with the Pentium4.
    Thomas Simmons
    Just some guy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    I used the word "Christian" in the summary of the article because I known first hand how much of a religious company VIA are.

At just about every press conference I have sat in on, the CEO of VIA (Wen Chi Chen) will have a bible on hand and in his speeches will almost always have a reference about god or something relating closely to him.
    Oh great, I just used to dislike VIA any now I the vitriol is really flowing.
    But I have a problem with monotheism, and the track record of VIA isn't great.

Its not like it was just the Apollo chipsets that had a problem, the VIA VX pro+ (pentium MMX) chipset that I had was a headache, and I heard of mny people who had problems with the coppermine P-3 chipsets (e.g. Asus CUV-4X). The KT266's were nasty, till the 'A' version came out, and I have seen many problems with KT333's as well. Say no to VIA, esp. now we can (thank you nVidia for the nForce 2 and 3).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information