Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: question about signature formats

WOW!
    I posted that HTML with IE.
    I'm looking at it with Mozilla now, it sure butchered the whole thing. There has got to be a better browser for Linux somewhere? About 1/4 of the ampersand commands weren't displayed as <'s?

How in the heck do they think I can use Linux full-time if I can't even get a webpage displayed proper? GRRRR!

Hope that got you on the right track there hbidad. Everybody learns a bit differently, but the http://www.htmlgoodies.com site was the one that put me on the path to righteousness, might take a look at the tutorials there.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Actually all the spaces need to be take out of the code now so that it runs in 1 continuous line to get rid of the blank space above the sig and below the actual post. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Wiggo, there is now spaces in the sig. I copied and pasted the HTML and made sure there is now blanks spaces at the top.

I dunno....going to work now..will mess with it in 8 1/2 hrs :)

Try it like this -

[PRE]AMD TB 1.4ghz
    Gladiator with 7000rpm Delta
    MSI KT266a-RU mobo
    2x 40gb hdd IBM Raid 0
    Soundblaster live
    Visiontek GF2 Ultra
    WinXP Pro
    lite-on 16x10x40
    Wintv card
    [PRE]PC#2 networked together
    AMD Duron 900 @ 1ghz for now
    stock fan for a 1.4ghz
    MSI KT266a-RU mobo
    Maxtor 40 gb 5400rpm
    onboard sound
    Abit Siluro t400
    Win98se

and just substitute the "[]" for "<>" ok.

testing ...1....2....3

Still the same ....errr....I guess I have to learn the hard way! :)

Now there ya go, no more gap. ;)

WAHHHHHHHHH!!!! I was confused the whole time...(not to say that I aint always confused :) I thought you were talking about the PC#2 is not on the same row as the first line of PC#1...

Don't know why ..just made me chuckle.....Gee, maybe if I payed attention a little more I might get somewhere...altleast that is what the wife says ;)

Thanks for that tweak Wiggo:thumb:
    I forgot about that 1 line coding in the forum!!
    The way I had it displays fine as an HTML file, but in the forum it ballooned.

hbidad to force your top lines of system 1 and 2 to align at the top, you could add another line to system 2 using a non-breaking space.
    Just use   -- that will create a blank space for the last line, which should bump the top line up.

The non-breaking space and the 1x1.gif are the greatest darn things for getting your HTML to display just the way you want it. :)
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

how about this:

<table width="100%"><tr><td width="50%" valign=top>AMD TB 1.4ghz<br>Gladiator with 7000rpm Delta<br>MSI KT266a-RU mobo<br>2x 40gb hdd IBM Raid 0<br>Soundblaster live<br>Visiontek GF2 Ultra<br>WinXP Pro<br>lite-on 16x10x40<br>Wintv card</td><td width="50%" valign=top>PC#2 networked together<br>AMD Duron 900 @ 1ghz for now<br>stock fan for a 1.4ghz<br>MSI KT266a-RU mobo<br>Maxtor 40 gb 5400rpm<br>onboard sound<br>Abit Siluro t400<br>Win98se</td></tr></table>

screw the PRE crap off

looks like this:
    <table width="100%"><tr><td width="50%" valign=top>AMD TB 1.4ghz<br>Gladiator with 7000rpm Delta<br>MSI KT266a-RU mobo<br>2x 40gb hdd IBM Raid 0<br>Soundblaster live<br>Visiontek GF2 Ultra
    WinXP Pro<br>lite-on 16x10x40<br>Wintv card</td><td width="50%" valign=top>PC#2 networked together<br>AMD Duron 900 @ 1ghz for now<br>stock fan for a 1.4ghz<br>MSI KT266a-RU mobo
    Maxtor 40 gb 5400rpm<br>onboard sound<br>Abit Siluro t400<br>Win98se</td></tr></table>
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information