Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

Default Re: Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

yes im sure,i dont have anything but game demos and savefiles on my hdd.....im 100%sure its my pc im connected to,but the wierd thing is dont have any of those trailers on my computer...

Hey i got eveything connected and when i go to my xbox and select the file and hit play it freezes everytime and when i check my computer i have a message saying "MediaServer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." and i have to end the program. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory View Post
    HI!
    First off,Thanks for the great guide!

Im having some trouble though..everything seems to be working just fine,the TVersity shows up on my xbox but when i go to the video section in my xbox non of the movies i've added to my libray shows up,instead there are like 1000's of gametrailer videos.

Any ideas of what i should do/could be doing wrong??

Thanks!!
    this is tversity's native media library, Advanced -> Recreate Media Library should clear all that out.

ok, tried this multiple times...can't make it work.

Everything works exactly as described right up to the part where I hit play and then the 360 gives me an error message that the file type is not supported.

It's an h.264 convert of a .tivo file that works fine on my ipod and in windows media player 11.

Really not sure what the deal is but it's kind of annoying to get that far and then have it poop out on ya.

edit : wmv works fine, still can't make the h.264 work.
    Last edited by jcwillia; 01-28-2007 at 01:12 AM.

found my own solution in another forum :

this FIXED my issue!

"In case you get the message unplayable content (and you can play it in WMP11) then you could try the following. Rename the file to 'X' and copy in a directory C:\ test. Add to TVersity en check if you can play it with youur Xbox.

You'll find on a number of postings that TVersity has some issues with 'deep folders', I found it also has some issues with certain file names. I don't know where it has a hickup - but just try it and enjoy.

I was watching a series and certain (especially files with a long name) epsidos were 'Unplayable Content', comparison with Gspot proved that a file I could play and one I couldn't where exactly the same (not duration of course) . Since they were in the same directory the problem of 'deep directories' didn't came into the picture - renaming the file to X (or something short) --> no problem.

I have tested now over 100 files of very different origin and making (all playable with WMP11) and have to say, TVersity has played them all as well (no exception!)

Thank you to the makers of TVersity and the wonderfull moderators and other helpfull people on this forum!

Just give a reply if this was helpfull to you - THX

KUDOS
    Camouflage"

Hey thanks for this tutorial everything is working now. Just one thing, is it possible to get the rewind/fast forward features to work while your watching something?

Has anyone gotten Tversity to stream from Vista to the 360?

Quote Originally Posted by tversity_noob View Post
    Has anyone gotten Tversity to stream from Vista to the 360?
    Yes, worked for me.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Hello Everyone,

I got everything working including connecting it via Music to the media server. Only problem I'm having now is it's only showing the video's stored on the xbox 360 not videos on the network. How can I change this?

Thanks so much

I followed the guide and everything worked and I can access all my music and pictures but when I go to video I don't see any of the videos on the network. It only shows what I have on my xbox hard drive. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information