Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

Default Lan Sever

Ok, I know this is not exactly the correct place to post this but, I cant find anyone else to help me. When I was trying to foward my ports on my router to allow Tversity to do its thing. But it wont allow me to accomplish this without a LAN sever. What is the LAN sever? Is it just my IP adress or my static IP adress? I very much need your help as I am in way over my head!

Default Re: Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 - An easy guide!

Can anybody help me set up Tversity the music plays flawlessly but when it comes to the videos i can't get nothing to play. I have k-lite mega codec installed along with WMP 11. So can anybody tell how to get the videos to play

Quote Originally Posted by bedpunisher View Post
    Can anybody help me set up Tversity the music plays flawlessly but when it comes to the videos i can't get nothing to play. I have k-lite mega codec installed along with WMP 11. So can anybody tell how to get the videos to play
    Is your connection wirelss? If so you might not have a fast enough router to play movies.

Same problem as others....everything looks fine....

XBOX 360 can't see the server.

I had normal media sharing working before. That is all disabled now....Not sure what else to do.

You Must Have Ffdshow Installed To Get This To Work. The Guide Does Not Tell You This. I Had Numerable Problems And It Would Not Work Until I Installed Ffdshow.

Also, Before Running Tversity Make Sure You Have Disconnected From Any Previous Computer Connections In The Xbox 360 Dashboard. Go To Settings Computer< Disconnect Computer. Go To Your Computer Switch On Tversity Allow Sharing And Then Go Back To Xbox360. Go To Xbox Media On Dashboard And Select Computer (not Media Center Pc) You Should See Options For Windows Media Player Pc And Tversity Pc. Select Tversity Pc And Wait For Minute Or So For Streaing To Start. I Am Using A Wirlessly Connected Xbox And It Works Fine Provided You Turn The Down The Streaming Quality.

I have done all that has been required and that includes installing Ffdshow, and my 360 still hasn't detected TVercity.

I'm really at a loss here having done everything I do that normally works shutting off firewall, etc....

same here, i've done everything required and it still isn't working!!
    Wot settings are you meant to use when setting up FFdShow or Tversity?
    Is there anything i could have done wrong there?

Thanks a lot

I was having the exact same problems. I am running 32-bit vista business ed. I went into the control panel and then to the windows firewall. I added a port (the default port 41952) for the tversity and then I also added the program file .exe. After that I restarted my pc and xbox and it detected the server on my xbox. Now I am just trying to get the codecs right so my xbox will play my divx movies.
    Last edited by mycoolgamername; 04-07-2007 at 06:22 AM.

I would also like to add the picture of the linksys router port says "49152" THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT PORT THE SOFTWARE USES BY DEFAULT!

It uses "41952". I think that can be the root of some of your problems.

I finallly got my xbox to find TVersity, but when i try and play a video it just crashes everytime no matter which video it is.
    Any sugestions?
    Thanks in advance

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information