Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Experience 1080p HD content now - Truly Kick Ass Quality Awaits!

Default Experience 1080p HD content now - Truly Kick Ass Quality Awaits!

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Experience 1080p HD content now - Truly Kick Ass Quality Awaits!"

Default Re: Experience 1080p HD content now - Truly Kick Ass Quality Awaits!

Although the resolution is certainly impressive I do find that much of the material looks like it could use a sharpness filter strangely enough, I wonder why that is.

Yes, the 1080p content is stunning but it's still improving. It will get much better over the years.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

First things first. Xbox 360 is not true highdef. Component video cables an't going to do it, HDMI output, that will bring out the true 1080p. Second thing all of these blue ray/ hddvd players, none of them have the new dts and dobly digitals new surrround decoders, nor do 3/4 of all these players have the HDMI 1.3 versions. Third, no recievers have the new surround sound built in, hell they are still stuck on 5.1. They whole thing is a waste of time. 99.9% of your HD content will either be 1080i or at most 720p. But maybe as I write this things could be changing. LG is the only one who gets it.
    Tricky71

I have a 37" 1080p monitor DVI coupled to a nVidia 7900GT video card (both HDCP complient) and recently purchased a DVD disk set of 'To The Limit'.

One disk is a standard 720x480p DVD-ROM, the other a HD-WMV encoded 1920x1080p. The difference would blow you away! BTW, the monitor cost me $1509 (USD) back in November of 2005 at BestBuy. So the cost of HiDef is not as high as the article states.

To the poster who said that the XBox 369 HD-DVD drive doesn't support HiDef is wrong. Component video does support 1080i which is 30 fps (film is 24) and that's HiDef by anyone's standard.

Thread Information