Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Solid State put to the test - Team 16GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Drive

Default Solid State put to the test - Team 16GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Drive

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Solid State put to the test - Team 16GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Drive"

Default Re: Solid State put to the test - Team 16GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Drive

Wont most flash drives go bonk after 100,000 R/W cycles or so? We sure don't want a solid-state "deathstar" again!]

Promising technology, though.

Default Re: Solid State put to the test - Team 16GB 2.5-inch IDE Solid State Drive

Historically SSDs were limited in the number of R/W cycles. However, with modern flash technology and error correction, the reliability of the flash in a PC exceeds 10 years.

I would of liked to see some Application and Game benchmarks. Like see if level/game load times improve or anything like that and same with applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublym3 View Post
    I would of liked to see some Application and Game benchmarks. Like see if level/game load times improve or anything like that and same with applications.
    When we get drives in with larger capacity (32GB+), we'll do more of that.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Hello folks,

Anandtech.com already performed a game review with BF2 and GR2 with a industrial SSD from Super Talent. This SSD wasn't really meant to be used with a notebook or desktop but all the same the Super Talent 16Gig SSD seemed to perform rather well with the games.

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2982

Enjoy.
    "Adapt or die trying!" - [DeC]Nix - Mechwarrior4
    "Win some, lose some and hopefully you've learned some."
    "Let me go grind their bones... Let me go grind their bones to powder!" - Shadowbane

Thread Information