Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Nvidia nForce 680i LT motherboard reviewed, DFI UT SLI-T2R on trial

Default Nvidia nForce 680i LT motherboard reviewed, DFI UT SLI-T2R on trial

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Nvidia nForce 680i LT motherboard reviewed, DFI UT SLI-T2R on trial"

Default Re: Nvidia nForce 680i LT motherboard reviewed, DFI UT SLI-T2R on trial

Are you looking at the same graphs that I am? It appears that the DFI board is trouncing the eVGA board. Have you got the colours mixed up on the graphs?

Andy
    1.1GHz T-Bird, ASUS A7N8X, 1GB Crucial PC3200, 30GB and 60GB HDD, ASUS V9560TD GFX 5600 graphics. Win XP SP1. Not yet oveclocked, needs to run stably first...

The DFI board is kicking ass and taking names because they are not using the Nvidia reference. They have built their own board from the ground up using Nvidia's chipset. The Nvidia reference is already proven to be garbage and a major bugfest.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Quote Originally Posted by Shielder View Post
    Are you looking at the same graphs that I am? It appears that the DFI board is trouncing the eVGA board. Have you got the colours mixed up on the graphs?

Andy
    Very odd - I believe the results have been switched. Looking into it.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Fixed - sorry for the error!
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I wish people would stop spreading mis-information about the capabilities of the 680LT chipset... please read the nVidia literature regarding support for the # of PCI-e lanes.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/nforce_600i_tech_specs.html

Just because nVidia's reference boards offer a reduced features set, doesn NOT mean the chipset has a reduced feature set.

In fact, the only difference between the LT and regular 680i chipset is support for EPP profiles (who cares?!)

Also please point to a page # in the manual where it tells you you need to unplug all other PCI-e cards and set a jumper to get x8 bandwidth on the third x16 slot!
    Last edited by virtualrain; 04-28-2007 at 01:26 AM.

Default Overclocking the same???

Why would the you not overclock the boards the same? Both 7x multiplier, and both with the same FSB. I know the evga can go higher, but the writer was reviewing the DFI board.

I think this would have given a better "apples to apples" comparison. The evga board should have done a bit better with a higher FSB.

Maybe there is a reason for it I missed.
    Athon XP-m 2500 oc to 2354 mhz 11x214, 2.65 vc
    MB - Abit NF7-S.
    Memory - PC 3500 Mushkin Level One 1024 MB, 2x512 2-3-3
    Video Card - BFG 6800 GT 256MB w/ Zalman VF700-Cu Cooler
    X-Fi XtremeMusic > Onkyo-TXSR503 > Klipsch 4.1 and Polk M30 x 2 center channel.
    HDD- Westen Digital WD2500KS SE16 250GB and 250gb Seagate SATA Sil Image 3112 MB controller.
    Antec Sonata II Case

Default Re: Overclocking the same???

Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg View Post
    Why would the you not overclock the boards the same? Both 7x multiplier, and both with the same FSB. I know the evga can go higher, but the writer was reviewing the DFI board.
    If both boards were running the same clock speed (and FSB), the performance would be the same. We have tested like this for over one year. We test like this to show the highest attainable FSB from each board.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

DFI > better than the rest. Period. No need to explain that Cam.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Thread Information