Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 4GB of memory, how do you use it all? Mushkin XPS2-8500 Tested

Default 4GB of memory, how do you use it all? Mushkin XPS2-8500 Tested

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "4GB of memory, how do you use it all? Mushkin XPS2-8500 Tested"

Default Re: 4GB of memory, how do you use it all? Mushkin XPS2-8500 Tested

I have to take issue with some of your article (good though it was):

Linux was 64-bit enabled before the Hammer processors (Athlon 64 and Opteron) were ever released.

Itanium died a death because of Intel messing up the design, not because of Microsoft. Having an expensive 64-bit processor producing results slower than a less expensive 32-bit processor is bad. Pity Intel didn't think that.

Other than that, I thought the article was good. I would have included load times and system responsiveness times (if available) rather than the standard benchies.

Andy
    1.1GHz T-Bird, ASUS A7N8X, 1GB Crucial PC3200, 30GB and 60GB HDD, ASUS V9560TD GFX 5600 graphics. Win XP SP1. Not yet oveclocked, needs to run stably first...

Default Re: 4GB of memory, how do you use it all? Mushkin XPS2-8500 Tested

I enjoyed the article immensly. And it did give me a lot to think about before upgrading (if i ever do) to vista. Since i am already Duo cpu running it helped determine if i will be running 32bit or the 64 bit version with the addition of at least 2 more gigs of ram (running 2 gigs now).
    lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me.
    -
    Ron Shaw
    I Am a Criminal created by the US Government
    A Medical Cannabis Advocate, User & Engineer.
    I Designed your Space Shuttles, Cars & Software.

Thread Information