Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Palit HD 2600 PRO and HD 2600 XT Sonic

Default Palit HD 2600 PRO and HD 2600 XT Sonic

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Palit HD 2600 PRO and HD 2600 XT Sonic"

Default Re: Palit HD 2600 PRO and HD 2600 XT Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by Comment Bot View Post
    Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Palit HD 2600 PRO and HD 2600 XT Sonic"
    Thanks for the review.

Looks like the faster memory that Palit have put on the 2600 Pro has also upped it's power consumption and noise as well as performance.

Is the fan speed variable on these cards?

Also if you have time a review of the UVD's performance playing back HD video would be appreciated, no-one else has done so yet AFAIK.

I got an Xpertvision HD 2600 Pro Sonic, exactly the same card, just a different package.
    In the standard form it is noisy, like a leak in a tyre, sort of high pitched hiss ( this is in a Silverstone Sugo case with quiet gear - low voltage Nexus fans etc). The fan speed does not appear to vary so I replaced it with a Zalman VF900-Cu heatsink, a simple swap. Now it is quiet !
    The Zalman makes it occupy 2 slots, but the stock heatsink would touch the back of any card in the adjacent slot and its heatsink efficiency would drop, so no loss there.
    The HDMI output works fine, no audio leads, straight into a Sony Bravia X at 1080p.

Default Palit HD 2600 PRO and TV-Out

Hi!
    Thanks for the review.
    I'm interested in the Palit 2600 Pro Sonic, mainly because of it's short length (will run on a mini-ITX board).
    I have two questions regarding this card:

1. In your review you say
    The HD 2600 PRO on the other hand, while coming with a Dual-Link DVI connector, VGA port and standard TV-Out connector...
    I need a TV-Out but can't see any in the picture. How is the TV-Out realised on the card?

2. Can fanspeed be controlled by the driver or a third party tool?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone with a Palit HD 2600 Pro Sonic, who can tell me?

Thread Information