Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: GIGABYTE P35T-DQ6 (DDR3) Reviewed




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TweakTown Forum
    Posts
    5,582

    Default GIGABYTE P35T-DQ6 (DDR3) Reviewed

    Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "GIGABYTE P35T-DQ6 (DDR3) Reviewed"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default Different models?

    Your reviewer appears to have photographed two different motherboards.

    The images on pages one http://images.tweaktown.com/imagebank/p35t_1intro.jpg and four http://www.tweaktown.com/popImg.php?img=p35tl_6.JPG show three main areas of difference:

    1 - The DDR3 slots are reversed in orientation. P1 shows the positioning notch closer to the CPU end of the board, while P4 shows the notch closer to the PCIe slots. The silkscreened model information near the DDR3 slots is also slightly different, lacking the CE certification on P1.

    2 - The heatpipe system is different. P1 shows two heatpipes from the northbridge array, lacking the huge tower of fins, to the rear MOSFET sink. P4 shows a single pipe, and includes the grossly overdone array that has put me off the DS4/DQ6 models already.

    3 - Several of the electrolytic caps have the coloured tab changed, probably indicating differences in capacitance.

    These variances, especially #1, lead me to conclude that the picture on P1 is of an earlier demonstration model or prototype. This is unfortunate, since I prefer the cooling arrangement of that model to the ergonomic nightmare of the final DQ6 El Grande.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10

    Default Power Consumption

    Nice to see some power consumption figures, but how do these compare to other high-end P35 boards seeing as gigabyte talks about power efficiency in their ultra durable 2 blurb?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    4,308

    Default Re: Power Consumption

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolnQuiet View Post
    Nice to see some power consumption figures, but how do these compare to other high-end P35 boards seeing as gigabyte talks about power efficiency in their ultra durable 2 blurb?
    Hello CoolnQuiet,

    We have only recently started motheroard power testing and in all future reviews we will have more boards to compare against.

    I understand GIGABYTE pay close attention to power consumption and it is something we will look closer into in the near future!

    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    4,308

    Default Re: Different models?

    Quote Originally Posted by steve_hb View Post
    Your reviewer appears to have photographed two different motherboards.

    The images on pages one http://images.tweaktown.com/imagebank/p35t_1intro.jpg and four http://www.tweaktown.com/popImg.php?img=p35tl_6.JPG show three main areas of difference:

    1 - The DDR3 slots are reversed in orientation. P1 shows the positioning notch closer to the CPU end of the board, while P4 shows the notch closer to the PCIe slots. The silkscreened model information near the DDR3 slots is also slightly different, lacking the CE certification on P1.

    2 - The heatpipe system is different. P1 shows two heatpipes from the northbridge array, lacking the huge tower of fins, to the rear MOSFET sink. P4 shows a single pipe, and includes the grossly overdone array that has put me off the DS4/DQ6 models already.

    3 - Several of the electrolytic caps have the coloured tab changed, probably indicating differences in capacitance.

    These variances, especially #1, lead me to conclude that the picture on P1 is of an earlier demonstration model or prototype. This is unfortunate, since I prefer the cooling arrangement of that model to the ergonomic nightmare of the final DQ6 El Grande.

    There is a simple answer to that - the image on the first page is from the GIGABYTE website, just an intro photo.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Different models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak View Post
    There is a simple answer to that - the image on the first page is from the GIGABYTE website, just an intro photo.
    ...and so your reviewer, whom I am presuming you pay actual money, placed as the primary exemplar image of his review a picture that does not represent the actual product obtained upon purchase?

    Isn't that a bit like having a picture of another product and saying 'well, it's still a motherboard, stop your whining'?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •