Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: OCZ Freeze Thermal Interface Material

Default OCZ Freeze Thermal Interface Material

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "OCZ Freeze Thermal Interface Material"

Default Re: OCZ Freeze Thermal Interface Material

I am confused. The picture says higher is better, why would higher temps be better? Also, from what I can see all the compounds are extremely close...but the OCZ performed slightly worse than the AS. But, the review makes AS out to be way behind the others..

Even if higher for some reason is better, then AS would had come in a close second...what am I missing here?
    Last edited by Grims; 01-01-2008 at 12:02 AM.

The header information on the graph is incorrect and I will see about getting that taken care of. Sorry for that confusion.

As to your other concern, I did not include Arctic Silver results in this article because they were recorded in a previous roundup of some of the other more modern products being used. For more information regarding a direct comparison with AS, check out http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/12...dup/index.html

Arctic Silver is simply outdated. It performs worse than any of the new kids on the block by 2-3 degrees Celsius. You may have seen one of the products listed as Arctic Cooling, one of the new goops available.

Again, sorry for any confusion. I will see about fixing the graphic in the review.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Oh, okay thanks. I assumed Arctic Cooling was a new product from AS. Have you guys reviewed the product from Zalman? I have read it is very good.

I have not received anything from Zalman as of yet. If it is like these other products, it will probably perform about the same. I was amazed that all of the different compounds were nearly the same performance levels. Any of the four tested items so far are recommended, though. If Zalman requests we test their product, we will do so and add the results to the listing.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I was somewhat surprised to see you guys hadn't reviewed the 9700 HSF from Zalman, it is a pretty big item in the enthusiast market.
    Last edited by Grims; 10-28-2008 at 05:57 AM.

Thread Information