Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX Early Test!

Default NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX Early Test!

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX Early Test!"

Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX Early Test!

There are comments about the GTS in comparison to the new GTX but no benchmarks supporting them. Something that I don't understand is that 8800 GTS vs 9800 GTX is what everyone wants to see but it isn't included. That is the big question...which one is better and is it worth it to get a GTX? I do see the comment about the OCd GT being on par with the GTS but still they are not the same card.

I am not flaming but I am curious why the 8800GT was chosen over the 8800 GTS? Was there just not a card on hand? Are you just using past benchmarks to compare with the new?

Overall though, I enjoyed the article. Just slightly puzzled at the end for the lack of GTS benchies. That would have given a lot more information about where the 9800 GTX stands.
    Last edited by SpinachEater; 03-26-2008 at 12:58 AM.

ok... despite being new here I have to make my first post a critical one.

I think the review is wrong to miss out the 8800GTS 512MB for comparison, and then claim that the 9800GTX is a "fantastic card"

Its the same thing, with a higher price tag. How is that good?

K

-> Please dont ban me right away, I can say nice things too
    Last edited by K404; 03-26-2008 at 08:44 PM.

I don't think TweakTown editors will reply now as they didn't care the last time I posted, but there's something completely off track with this review. For starters, the test results for the GX2 were obtained using an outdated driver - I can tell that for sure. So the comparison with the upcoming GTX is worth zip. Doh.

Of course the GTX is not faster in Crysis than the GX2. Without sounding too critical, I could have done without this sneak-peek review.

In comparison to the 8800GTS 512 early test, the GTX scores around a 1000 points higher in both the higher resolution tests but only a few hundred more in the lower resolution test. It all comes down to drivers.

It's the higher resolutions that count these days, afterall who is going to upgrade their GFX to a 9800GTX and then invest in a monitor at low res?

Thread Information