Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GIGABYTE X48T-DQ6 DDR3 Motherboard

Default GIGABYTE X48T-DQ6 DDR3 Motherboard

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "GIGABYTE X48T-DQ6 DDR3Motherboard"
    Last edited by shocker; 04-03-2008 at 11:43 PM.

Default Re: GIGABYTE X48T-DQ6 DDR3 Motherboard

Great review, just a quick question.

I notice that on the MB pictured on page 1 there is a 4 pin connector near the white power connector, but in the picture on page 4 describing the board outlay there is no 4 pin connector.
    My understanding on this 4 pin connector is that when running 2 x PCI-E cards in crossfire then you must connect a 4 pin 12v connector to ensure enough power to the PCI-E slots.

The only time i have seen this connector not included is on the "E" series from Gigabyte ( GA-X38-DS4 vs GA-EX38-DS4), something to do with power saving.
    Maybe only a small thing, but with the power requirements for VC's especially the top end one's, this may be critical

People buying this board would be reasonably expecting to run in crossfire, as this series (X38,X48 chipsets) are sprouting about 2 x 16 PCI-E slots capable of crossfire,
    Perhaps this could be included in any review.

Default Re: GIGABYTE X48T-DQ6 DDR3 Motherboard

The overclocking screen showed a QX6700 at 569FSB.

What kinda of stability was present at that FSB? Are overclocks verified, or is windows-only all that is tested?

Thanks,

K

Thread Information