Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CyberLink PowerDVD 8 Reviewed

Default CyberLink PowerDVD 8 Reviewed

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "CyberLink PowerDVD 8 Reviewed"

Default Re: PowerDVD 8 does NOT SUPPORT the Advanced Audio Pack

Beware! The Advanced Audio Pack you might own won't work with PDVD 8!

Cyberlink informed me that another Advanced Audio Pack for PDVD 8 will be released in June (!) and that I'll have to buy it in addition (and of course throw away the one that I've already purchased for PDVD 7/Ultra).

What's especially annoying: While they are really pushing hard the PDVD 8 upgrade, there's not a single word about this "minor" issue in the product details or their adverts.

Willy

Default Re: PowerDVD 8 does NOT SUPPORT the Advanced Audio Pack

At the very least, Cyberlink is guilty of false advertising. But it appears that they might even be in cahoots with standalone playback hardware manufacturers in an effort to "force" consumers to buy standalone playback equipment that actually work as far as playback of full resolution, all channels, audio output is concerned. Cyberlink's lack of support in fixing a supposed product bug is outrageous. In reality, I doubt the "problem" will ever be fixed so that htpc playback will be same as standalone playback. I for one am staying away from BluRay entirely until this stuff works as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by willy08 View Post
    Beware! The Advanced Audio Pack you might own won't work with PDVD 8!

Cyberlink informed me that another Advanced Audio Pack for PDVD 8 will be released in June (!) and that I'll have to buy it in addition (and of course throw away the one that I've already purchased for PDVD 7/Ultra).

What's especially annoying: While they are really pushing hard the PDVD 8 upgrade, there's not a single word about this "minor" issue in the product details or their adverts.

Willy

Thread Information