Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ECS A780GM-A 780G Motherboard

Default ECS A780GM-A 780G Motherboard

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "ECS A780GM-A 780G Motherboard"

Default Re: ECS A780GM-A 780G Motherboard

I don't get why you think this board is NOT overclockable? You state that the CPU Voltage cannot be changed. Umm, yes it can.

I currently am running this board with an AMD 6000+ CPU (3.0 Ghz stock) at 3.35 Ghz at 1.55 volts (1.38 stock). That's an OUTSTANDING overclock for that CPU!

How did you miss this? Ur slammin a darn good overclocking board for the money.

P.S., To overclock the voltage, just divide the mVolts you wish to add by 4 and enter that value. So to go from 1.38 to 1.55, you just enter 42.5.
    Last edited by boomshak; 06-08-2008 at 11:21 PM.

You are going to melt the power regulators on that board with that CPU and that overclock. 780G boards are the poorest built pieces of crap to ever disgrace AMD. I know this because I own one. You'd be well advised to either back down that OC, switch to a lower wattage CPU or get a motherboard that was designed for overclocking. Unfortunately, AMD neglected to tell the OEM's that these boards should be able to handle 100W+ processors.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

this is th issue I have with my mobo and I still have NOT gotton a response from ECS
    Posted : GMT 2009/05/27 19:49:54
    Posted : GMT 2009/05/22 00:57:57
    I built the computer a year ago(bought on 05-18-08) and have really just had issues from day one, I had to return my ram (patriot viper dd2 1066) cause the board wouldn't take it so I went out and got corsair ram(8gb) and came here for support and I also went to corsair and asked for help they were a 1000 times more helpful with ideas, none of the ideas got the board to run all 8 gb but still, anyways here is the new issue, my wife was on the internet and just surfing and the screen went black and said no signal on the monitor,
    here is what I have tried so far
    1.new pci vid card
    2.different psu
    3.new psu cord
    4.new HDMI cord
    5.different ram
    6.new HD
    7.unpluged everything from the mobo and left the power and HDMI hooked up and them the regular monitor cable
    It all fires up but the monitor still sits at no signal. NOW I am really FED UP with this the board just rolled over a year and I got this crap going on NOW I bring this to you for help and if someone has any ideas to get it to work then great but if not I garentee that I will never buy or recommoned anyone to buy an ECS product again not worth the head ache
    thanks for any help from the past and for this

and I have posted twice as you see the two different dates and times there tech service is the WORST tech support I have ever had to deal with.

Thread Information