Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Radeon HD 4850 In Crossfire at 4GHz

Default Radeon HD 4850 In Crossfire at 4GHz

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Radeon HD 4850 In Crossfire at 4GHz"

Default Re: Radeon HD 4850 In Crossfire at 4GHz

Great to see ATI putting out such a fantastic card at a great price. Looking forward to seeing the 4870 and x2 as well.

A quick question for anybody who might want to answer it, I have an X38 mobo and was really hoping to run two 4870's in crossfire, however my 750W psu only has 3 6-pin PCIE power cable things. Do you think it would be possible to use a molex to PCIE converter, or am i at risk of destroying my PC doing that?

Well, I looked online for a picture but can't seem to find one for the 4870.

The 4850 which was reviewed in this article only has 1x 6pin pci-e plug. This meaning that you can definitely use your 750 watt with the 3x 6pin pci-e to run two of the 4850's in crossfire. Hell with the right board you should be able to run 3 4850's in tri-crossfire.

Make sure (and I'm sure you have) that one of those 6-pin plugs is not for the motherboard. That would be very bad if you plugged the mobo's 6 pin into the pci-e plugin for the graphics card lmfao.

Hope this helps.

question.
    I have got ASUS EAH4850 TOP, card, it`s overclocked version, do I have to by same card (ASUS EAH4850 TOP) or I can buy same 4580 (not overclockerd) from saphire, force3d, msi, etc., for crossfire.

Thread Information