Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Intel P45 Vs. X48 Crossfire Performance

Default Intel P45 Vs. X48 Crossfire Performance

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Intel P45 Vs. X48 Crossfire Performance"

Default Re: Intel P45 Vs. X48 Crossfire Performance

Are the P45 and X48 both confirmed to be running PCI-E 2.0 in the tests or PCI-E 1.1/1.0? (ie. PCI-E 2.0 dual 8X or dual 16x)

Hummmm! reading this and your article on crossfirex scaling with the 4850 cards puts a damper on extreme multi gpu with the 4800 series at the moment...obviously drivers need time to mature....but even then the only mobos that I'm aware off that have 4 pciex16 slots drop them to X8 when all the positons are occupied. Still the negative effects only really seem to kick in at the 30" monitor resolution so that won't affect the vast majority of people

I am puzzled by the statement that both GA-X48-PQ6 PCI-E 2.0 slots operate independently at x16.

I have been looking for a X48 mobo and have looked very seriously at the same Gigabyte X48-DQ6 board that was was specified in the X48 - P45 review.

The information I found on the Gigabyte website for the selected X48 motherboard stated that when both of the PCI Express x16 slots are populated, the PCIE_16_1 slot supports x16 while the PCIE_16_2 slot supports x4.

I would be very interested to know, if this x16/x4 opearation does apply to the test board, whether the the results presented in the X48 - P45 review would still apply, in general, to another mobo operating with two independent x16 PCIE 2.0 slots?

TIA!

I wonder what the difference would be between the cheaper boards, say a p45-ds3 and a X48-DS. The difference is about $100...would the performance be worth it?

Also, can I request the same review being done with HD4870s rather than 4850s? That's be great!!

really confusing with the X48 DQ6 PCIe slot. I read the specification on the official website, it said it will run 16x / 16x individual but when crossfire then will run only 16x / 4x? Pls correct me if i m wrong.

I would be very interested to see what these two boards do with a single 4850... That would be a good 4 way comparison.

Thread Information