Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Cooler Master Black Label Limited Edition Cosmos Chassis

Default Cooler Master Black Label Limited Edition Cosmos Chassis

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Cooler Master Black Label Limited Edition Cosmos Chassis"

Default Re: Cooler Master Black Label Limited Edition Cosmos Chassis

Well, I found one and I pulled the trigger. According to the Newegg representative I spoke with this morning, they had 10 in stock, nine of which had already been spoken for (i.e., paid for but not fully processed, employees perhaps?). I attempted the same cost analysis that the author of this article undertook. Here's what I come up with:

Assuming that you like the cosmos design (which is a very well-reviewed case by the way), in order to approximate the "black label" combination you'd need the black cosmos (199.00), optional transparent window (31.99), the 700 UCP PSU (189.99) and the 600R CPU cooler (59.99). Just these items total approximately 482 dollars. What this does not afford you, however, is the upgraded 140mm top fans, additional HDD fan and entirely blacked-out (right down to the hardware) treatment. In my mind, for roughly 100 dollars more than a basic black cosmos set-up, you're getting these extras, bragging rights (if you're interested in that), and 1 of 50 exclusivity if you consider only the North American Market. All told, I could care less about the limited availability. This case makes me pull a Divinyls every time I look at it.

While Coolemaster makes good products there support department is a huge failure. There are so many cases i've seen with people not getting there replacement parts.
    Intel Quad Core Q6600 OC'd 3.17 GhZ (353x9) (Lapped)
    BioStar I45 Intel PCI EX 2.0 Motherboard
    BFG 280 GTX OC 1GB GDDR3 675/1481/1250
    4GB Mushkin PC2-8000 RedLine's 2x2GB 1000MhZ
    Maxtor 500GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-2 Hard Drive
    ThermalTake Blue Orb II (Lapped)
    Corsair 750W TX Power Supply 60A 12V Rail
    Diablotek Mid-Case
    Windows Vista Ultimate X64 Edition
    Samsung 20" SyncMaster 2032NW 3000:1

3D Mark Vantage: P14,928

I have needed to get replacement parts for stuff that I lost in the past. All I ever needed to do was call in and ask for the parts and Cooler Master has always been able to get me what I need. Never once did I need to pull out the "review card" to get replacement parts.

I also have had a very positive, albeit limited, experience with Cooler Master customer support. There was a compatibility issue with the bundled UCP power supply and my motherboard. Cooler Master offered to exchange it for a comparable unit no questions asked.

Thread Information