Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HornetTek Hover 3.5-inch eSATA/USB Drive Enclosure

Default HornetTek Hover 3.5-inch eSATA/USB Drive Enclosure

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "HornetTek Hover 3.5-inch eSATA/USB Drive Enclosure"

Default Re: HornetTek Hover 3.5-inch eSATA/USB Drive Enclosure

"The Hover comes with both a USB and eSATA cable. There are a few products on the market that do not come with these and each will cost you around 20 Dollars if purchased at a retail store."

I suppose if you bought one at an Office Max, you might be overcharged that badly. However, Newegg.com sells them for $1.50 plus shipping, maybe $6.50 if it's the only item you order, and maybe $2.50 if you order other stuff.

Newegg.com - usb cables

Newegg.com - Rosewill 6 ft. USB 2.0 AM-BM Clear Cable Model RCW-106 - Cables

I'm sure that the Fry's you mentioned in the beginning of the review carries them for less than $20. Who would pay $20 for a $2 cable?

FRYS.com

FRYS.com*|*Shaxon Industries

Many retail stores sell USB cables for a lot more than 10 Dollars. When you are in a pinch and need one sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. Making a run to Fry's for me is a two and a half hour journey, one hour to the store, a half an hour at the store and another hour home. Some people aren't lucky enough to even have a Fry's that close.

My only other option would be to go to one of those *other* retail stores that do charge 20 Dollars for a USB cable. If someone were to buy an enclosure online, wait three days for it to be delivered and then find that it didn't include cables they would most likely be inclined to just bite the bullet and spend 20 Dollars on one. It happens all of the time.

Something else to consider is that this article isn't really geared towards enthusiasts. Hell what would an enthusiast need an external enclosure for, we never even put the sides on our own cases so swapping drives around is a little easier for us:)

Thread Information