Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mvix Ultio MX-800 Ready For Launch (Exclusive)

Default Mvix Ultio MX-800 Ready For Launch (Exclusive)

Link to original article: Mvix Ultio MX-800 Ready For Launch (Exclusive)

While poking around with Google for more info about the Mvix Ultio MX-800 I came across the site Mvix.NET as opposed to MvixUSA :: Solutions for the HD Planet from whence the Mvix Ultio (MX-800HD) is offered. The other site is ostensibly for "Unicorn Korea". It currently leads with the following announcement.

Mvix Ultio is not made by Unicorn Korea
    Unfortunately MvixUSA - Unicorn partner in USA for the last few years has recently announced their new device - the so called "Mvix Ultio (MX-800HD)". This announcement is to clarify to all that device is not a Unicorn product, nor it will be supported by Unicorn now or in the future in anyway.

According to initial Unicorn Investigations to the subject matter, the device is an independent unauthorized OEM initiative made by MVIXUSA and originated from other vendor. The use of the mvix name brand on any product or publication without the advance explicit authorization or permission of Unicorn Korea was reported to the legal department of the company with a clear instructions to take all necessary steps to protect Unicorn rights without delay.

Please note : Any dealer or an e-tailer worldwide offering the sale or distribution of any Mvix devices without explicit authorization in advance from Unicorn Korea will be held liable for infringing Unicorn rights and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent allowed by the law.

Mvix Korea Official site is Mvix.NET

I'm confused. Anybody know what is up with this? It doesn't help that the Korean Unicorn site apparently has their own version of a MX-800HD (aka Mvix800HD?).

(Note: I tried to insert a link to their info about their Mvix800HD, but couldn't get the link to work. The Korean site appears to be based on Adobe flash player. FWIW, I prefer the MvixUSA site. Does that make it the better product? )

-irrational john

Default Re: Mvix Ultio MX-800 Ready For Launch (Exclusive)

From what I've been able to determine, Mvix USA owns the trademark and IP for all the Mvix devices, and Unicorn was their manufacturer / asian distributor. Mvix had a falling out with Unicorn and found a new manufacturer for the Ultio. Now Unicorn is pissed and is trying to spread FUD about Mvix USA to scare people away from it. It's petty and childish, and they don't have a legal leg to stand on.

You can search the USPTO yourself and see who really owns the name "Mvix": Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Mvix had a falling out with Unicorn and found a new manufacturer for the Ultio. Now Unicorn is pissed and is trying to spread FUD about Mvix USA to scare people away from it. It's petty and childish, and they don't have a legal leg to stand on.[/url]
    Well, this being the law, I wouldn't know about not having any leg to stand on. But it does certainly seem that Unicorn has no grounds to go after Mvix USA in the USA. Perhaps Mvix USA is locked out of the South Korean (or other Asian?) market?

Speaking strictly as a potential US user, I could live with that.

You wouldn't happen to know anything about this new manufacturer who makes the Ultio, would you? (Just curious ... )

-irrational john

I only know what I've found on other tech blogs. Apparently one of the editors of eHomeUpgrade has been in contact with Mvix USA and posted some details in the comments on his post here: Mvix Ultio 1080p UPnP Home Theater Media Player | eHomeUpgrade

Found some more details on the Mvix vs. Unicorn thing:

UPDATE From MvixUSA:
    It has been brought to our attention that some Unicorn Networks (our previous supplier) has initiated rumors about our products to distract attention.
    Pls. note that "Mvix" is a registered Trademark of MvixUSA and all our products are fully supported by MvixUSA worldwide.
    Here is the listing of the registered trademark on US Patent and Trademark Office:
    http://tarr.uspto.gov/servle<wbr>t/tarr?regser=serial&entry=77038184
    (You will notice that MvixUSA is the rightful owner of the "Mvix" brand since 2006.
    Sometime late-last year, MvixUSA had to cancel their manufacturing contract with Unicorn Networks due to the poor quality of products supplied to us last year, which cause significant financial and irreversible damage to MvixUSA's market reputation.
    MvixUSA will be marketing, distributing and supporting the Mvix Ultio brand worldwide. We have a very comprehensive customer support platform via our Support Center (which our customers have used for over 5years): Mvix(USA), Inc. - Powered By Kayako eSupport
    Mvix Ultio is expected to arrive at our warehouse (near Washington DC) by July 3rd. We expect to start shipping it to our customers as early as July 6th, 2009

The longest forum thread I've found so far about this product intro is here:
    Mvix Ultio "It Plays All" HD media streamer debuts in the U.S. July 6 for $179 - AVS Forum

I don't think it really says anything new (yet), but figured I'd include a link to it FWIW.

Maybe after the product ships next week someone will be good enough to open up one of the boxes so we can see what's inside?

-irrational john
    Last edited by zjohnr; 07-04-2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: added a speculative sentence

I'm aware of that thread. I'm "candre23" on the AVS forum.

I pre-ordered one of these boxes last week and I'll be tearing it apart and testing it as soon as it arrives. Keep an eye on that forum for my findings.

Q: What is "Ultio"? Who is making it?
    A: Mvix Ultio is a 1080p-capable, HDD-based media player which supports hundreds of formats allowing users to have a digital video library in their living rooms. It is made by renowned developers in partnership with Mvix(USA), Inc. a US-corporation, based near Washington DC. MvixUSA has been the pioneer of Mvix HDD-based Media Centers and a producer of well-known brand across the world.

Q: Will "Ultio" be sold worldwide? Who will support it?
    A: Yes, Mvix Ultio is being introduced for worldwide distribution. It will be sold across the world through am established network of distributors and resellers. MvixUSA will also ship directly to its international customers via its online store.

MvixUSA provides a comprehensive support from its SUPPORT CENTER to all its customers, worldwide. It offers three-pronged support: via a direct dial toll-free number, Online support via ticketing system and a very comprehensive Knowledge base article database.
    MvixUSA stands behind its products and has a 100% satisfaction guarantee for its worldwide customers.

Q: Who owns the "Mvix" Brand?
    A: "Mvix" is a registered trademark of Mvix(USA), Inc. The brand name was registered with the US Patent and Trademark office in 2006 and it continues to be a significant part of MvixUSA's marketing operation. For the past several years, MvixUSA continues to invest in building this brand and making it the symbol of quality as it stands today. MvixUSA will continue to build its network of resellers and distributors to support its customers.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGS_Yen%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C08%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Thanks for the comment bigbird. I couldn’t agree more. A little helpful information never hurt anybody!
    simulationcredit

My ULTIO box was just delivered a week ago and find it to be very much impressive.I'm really fond of watching new music videos and only have it from my PC as I download them, but I'm dying to watch it in my plasma but not waiting for the music channels to play my choices. By connecting it via USB cable I transferred my files to the internal drive of my Ultio from the PC with the use of the remote to complete all the transfer, then woahla! Ready to play and enjoy them all the time. Just as easy as that.

(Make sure that the MVix was turned off before you connect the USB cable)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information