Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Exclusive Review of PhotoFast’s G-Monster V5 256GB Solid State Disk

Default Exclusive Review of PhotoFast’s G-Monster V5 256GB Solid State Disk

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Exclusive Review of PhotoFast’s G-Monster V5 256GB Solid State Disk"

Default Re: Exclusive Review of PhotoFast’s G-Monster V5 256GB Solid State Disk

Chris,

What's your take on SATA III at this point? I'm really leaning towards waiting until SATA III is released, building a new rig that supports it and buying an SSD with a SATA III interface. It might also not be a bad idea to see how the various drives function under Win7 when it's released.

Mike
    Solid State Drive Home - Index

I was trying to hold out updating my test rig until SATA III came about but we will have to see. SAS 6.0 was just released the other day and I have a couple of controllers on the way. Most likely they will have SATA 3 built into them but it may not be enabled right out of the box. I will need to follow up with the engineers and marketing folks to see what the story is but all of that will be for next month.

As for Windows 7, I should have an RTM disk on my door step any day now and will be able to play around with it here soon. Most likely as soon as I finish up this months articles I will aquire a copy to play around with on a desktop and get to validating it for testing storage products with. There are still a lot of questions at this point.

Sounds good.

I installed Win7 RC on my Dell netbook (with an SSD) just for kicks. It performed okay, but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm looking forward to your Win7 reviews and any SATA 6Gpbs controllers you get in.

Thanks,

Mike
    Solid State Drive Home - Index

Thread Information