Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Giveaway GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H mobo (AMD 785G chipset)

Default Re: Weekly Giveaway GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H mobo (AMD 785G chipset)

It is such a wonderful piece of hardware, I would love to be the proud adopted parent of it.

slot my 955 and boost with it

I'd use this motherboard and a Phenom II X3 to build a HTPC worthy of our family's TV.

I would use it as the basis for an htpc build in the living room.

Yup, a nice mobo. It would definitely be put to good use. I would use it to assemble a PC for my bigger brother.
    Last edited by Moon_Flare; 08-08-2009 at 10:42 PM.

My wife is always hogging my computer to do her facebook thing because her computer is a 10yr old POS. I would use that motherboard to build her a computer so i can get my game time back.

You need a reason, you got it!!!
    Whoa look at that board- she's way too good to be used for htpc!!!
    Even better there's a chance for me to get SOMETHING for free.
    I got this news of this generous deed via FB, so I couldn't stop myself to join tweaktown-ASAP!!!!
    Whether recession or economic boom- I worked my arse off for my hardware!!
    I've worked hard for my hardware- been a tech support for a long time that I couldn't bear and I have worked all day long without sleep which I wouldn't usually dare and experiences with customers that I really wouldn't exactly like to share.
    I've used the humble second hand amd opteron 165 denmark core to the glorious 2.8ghz on my former loyal a8n sli!!
    Sadly the system died and now I heart for an AMD rig- the thought becomes stronger as the days go by!!
    As Paulo Coelho once said," When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it!"
    50 bucks says- this could be it if its a hit!
    I could blame it on recession or I could blame it on my dead system!
    But how can you express a reason to owe something fantastic- Understand where I am coming from.
    So whatcha lookin' at? Give it to me Tom :p
    I aint a real hardware enthusiast yet but I have the zeal to be one!
    I'll slap in a proccy, some rams and tweak it and give it a good run.
    Put out the scores just for fun.
    Please make me feel like a million bucks and a king with a golden crown-
    If I get this- I always say it pride that I got this from Gigabyte and the credits goes tto the famous Tweak town :D
    Last edited by The Sorcerer; 08-09-2009 at 12:43 AM.

I would pair it with a PhenomII x2 550, since it has the SB710 i will try to unlock the extra 2 core.

My friend has been kind enough to let me borrow his desktop, since I dismantled my laptop during a fatal quest to upgrade components. The old notebook is kaputz, a victim of my obsession with computer hardware. This obsession developed mostly through my attempts to play Morrowind smooth and stable.

I have been pining ever since to build my very first desktop computer. The 785G chipset would be an excellent basis for the project. The integrated graphics would allow me to delay the purchase of discrete graphics cards. My financial situation is less than ideal, and the option to go with integrated graphics along with the value that AMD offers is wonderful. Not to mention, I would really like to give my friend his computer back, because I'm not someone who likes to hold on to things that are not mine.

I'm not sure what processor I would go with - perhaps a 720 BE. I've got ideas for the other components, but nothing definite; that's the joy of system building!

I Would use it to see how good AMD`s are. Havent overclocked a AMD in at least 3 years and would like to see how the new CPU`s run. It would be a flash from the past. Maybe try some Dry ICE
    Last edited by jonathankru; 08-09-2009 at 03:53 AM.
    Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz+HT 1.36V / Gigabyte EX58-UD4P / G-Skill 3x2 gig DDR 2133 PERFECT STORM / MSI 5870 1GIG / Corsair HX1000 Watt/ CM Stacker 830 /
    Cooled By: Swiftech Apogee GTZ /Swiftech MCR-320 /1/2" ID Feser Flexible PVC Tubing /Swiftech MICRO Rev2 Reservoir /Swiftech MCP655 variable/Thermalright HR-05-ifx

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information