Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Giveaway ASRock P55 Extreme mobo (Intel P55 Express chipset for Lynnfield)

Default Re: Weekly Giveaway ASRock P55 Extreme mobo (Intel P55 Express chipset for Lynnfiel

The layout is nice, i like this new Chipset with Duel channel DDR3 makes it an easy upgrade without having to buy additional RAM to fill 3rd slot or manually set to duel channel mode.

Default Re: Weekly Giveaway ASRock P55 Extreme mobo (Intel P55 Express chipset for Lynnfiel

good nite LED is e best feature.

Quote Originally Posted by rsclark3 View Post
    If the contest ends August 15, is there any reason to post? What I like about the board is that it uses LGA1156 for i7's. As a 'consumer' socket, CPUs will be less expensive.
    Fixed that part - sorry!

It ends September 21st.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Very well built motherboard i must say. Full of useful features, i like instant boot, good night LED & Hardware monitor (useful tools during overclocking). It's all about performance when it comes to a mid-high end motherboard and i believe the embedded Bios in this motherboard will do a great job in helping enthusiast when it comes to overclocking.

It's a quality and affordable board for those of us that can't buy the best tweaker board out there.

This looks like the perfect board for the i5. The memory flexability is pretty good and I'm glad to see the Intelligent Energy Saver. I'd like to see just how well it really works.

I like the colors of it.

Everyone Seems to be forgetting the PCI-E 2.o support. Perfect for future cards/

Default ASRock P55 Extreme mobo ROCKS !!!! The best P55 board on Earth ! I want one !!!

What a great motherboard the ASRock P55 EXTREME is!

In my opinion the board itself is it's best characteristic. ;)

It's strengths are too many to choose from so I decided to highlight my favorite ones:

This is lest expensive motherboard that supports both CrossfireX and SLI with the full ATX form factor.

It is also one of the only boards to claim to reach up to (maybe even further than) DDR3 2600+ Dual Channel.

The Advanced V8 + 2 Power Phase Design seems to be a great fit for a power efficient platform with Core i5 and Core i7 processors, we will have to wait and see some reviews about this particular motherboard to come out. I hope it is even more power efficient than the MSI P55-GD65 that has shown some impressive results already when compared to ASUS P55 motherboards.

"ASRock DuraCap" ensures 2.5x longer life time of the board because of it's 100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors. Wow it even sounds good when you say it! A nice feature to have for sure.

Another interesting and useful feature this motherboard offers is the "Combo Cooler Option" or C.C.O. that allows you to mount/install your previous Intel 775 cooler on it, further lowering the costs of your new rig.
    That's great news for me, since I own a Zalman CNPS9700. My only concern is that the new 1156 CPU socket has a thick metal bracket on the back of the board itself. So, I may end up having to buy a new retention kit for my Zalman cooler anyway and that doesn't seem to be out yet. Not sure if this will be necessary either.

Great news for the people out there that loves high quality sound and owns a home theater sound system. The board relies on the ALC890 Audio Codec which provides high quality 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection, DAC with 110dB dynamic range; full Premium Blu-ray audio support at 24-bit - 192 kHz (no down sample). S/PDIF is immune to noise.

For the overclockers a feature named "OC DNA" will allow you to save your overclock settings and then share it with "not so OC savvy" friends over the internet.

Onboard power and reset buttons with LED are also present on this ASRock board. My favorite related feature is the placement of a CMOS button with LED on the I/O panel. No more opening the case to reset the BIOS if something goes wrong! Yes!

The board also has an onboard digital LED status/code display function, this feature is called "Dr. Debug" and it is useful for troubleshooting the system on the event of any hardware malfunctions/errors. Just find the error code in the user manual to solve the problem. Very nice.

"I.O.T." or Intelligent Overclocking Technology overclocks your system to preset percentages above the stock clocks or you can choose the "EZ Overclocking" that overclocks both the CPU and memory for you. All you have to do is choose the final clock speed you want to reach and the motherboard does the rest for you. It's that simple!

"EuP 2.0" function enables you save power when you have your system in powered off. This is a future standard in Europe for 2013 that requires computers to consume less than 1 Watt when system is powered off. According to ASRock this board consumes only 0.26 Watts of power when system is off. But since it requires you to have an EuP ready power supply, it may be a while before you can take advantage of this feature, as we wait for a more wide variety of PSU's start to adopt to this new, high efficiency standard.

"Good night LED" feature that turns off the LED from the case and keyboard when the system is powered off or during standby.

"Instant Boot" enables to boot your system in only 4 seconds. That's very fast when compared to regular boot up for sure.

The black PCB color of this motherboard is also very appealing to me.

All right, these are my favorite things about this wonderful motherboard.

I've been counting the days for me to retire my Pentium Dual Core E2160 that is currently running 24/7 at 3240 MHz (overclocked by 80%) on a P6N SLI Platinum. I can't wait to get myself a new rig.

I'm praying to be the winner of this ASRock P55 Extreme board! A nice gift like this would be very welcome! :)

Many thanks TweakTown for the great news/reviews and for the opportunity of winning this board!

God bless you all,

Thiago

Olathe, KS
    Last edited by Thiago; 09-18-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Instant boot and good night LED are my favorite things about this board.
    Going Broke Saving Money

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information