Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Sapphire Radeon HD 4770 Arctic Cooling Video Card

Default Sapphire Radeon HD 4770 Arctic Cooling Video Card

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Sapphire Radeon HD 4770 Arctic Cooling Video Card"

Default Re: Sapphire Radeon HD 4770 Arctic Cooling Video Card

Hello!

Did you try to OC the card, because I have the same one and GPU goes to 950MHz, but you can't overclock memory over 860 Mhz and I think it has something to do with Bios.Dou you guys know anything about that?I didn't contact Sapphire yet.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by peko206; 10-02-2009 at 06:21 AM.

Default Sapphire Radeon HD 4770 Arctic OC SOLVED! (FIX)

Hi peko206

I also have the Sapphire 4770 Arctic blue pcb, and have had suffered OC issues. I did some research and tried all of the suggested steps in the hopes of resolving the problem, like flashing, bios editing, volt modding and what not, but nothing seemed to work.

But i found the SOLUTION! no modding, no bios flashing, everything on default.

SOLUTION!!! --- Disable ATI Catalyst
    - it seems that having catalyst enabled locks the max OC to 830/850, and whenever i increase the mem to 860+, my screen goes black and needs to be restarted.
    ---
    On to the OC:
    Im currently running mine at 870Mhz core and 940Mhz mem.
    using furmark it runs stable at 68C (pretty high, but that's because my room is warm)

anyways, here's what i did:
    -Make sure you Update to the latest Driver (CCC 9.12)
    -Make sure ATI CATALYST is disabled in system tray or, make sure it's not running in the background
    -Use RivaTuner, edit the config to make it work with 4770 (in case you haven't)
    -OC the card to 830/850 (CCC max)
    -Run Furmark or any other GPU stress program
    * then increase core +10mhz per minute(to check stability), until you get a system lockup (My system crashed when i had it at 875, so i went back to 870)
    * after getting desired core, increase the mem
    * do same step with mem, do +10Mhz increments till max is reached
    (my system locked up when i had the mem at 950Mhz so i reverted back to 940)

well that's about it... i hope this helps
    let me know if it worked for you

Thread Information