Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Weekly Giveaway Mega Thermaltake prizes to be won! (case, PSU and notebook cooler)

Default Re: Weekly Giveaway Mega Thermaltake prizes to be won! (case, PSU and notebook cool

I got my quadcore chip... This is sods law. I ordered a Q9550S on the 19th of November 09, this Monday after speaking with Scan computers, I decided to change it to the standard Q9550 as they said they wouldn't know when they'll be getting the S in stock, so got the Q9550 on Tuesday 12th Jan 2010.. They now have the S back in stock *angry face* :P

Besides that, my damn Striker II Formula (which is supposed to be a new replacement board from my RMA back in October) is yet another non working one - and so I am having trouble with Asus trying to get it sorted out *angry face again*

Moral of the story - Nvidia chipsets for motherboards = junk :(
    i7 3770k (1.6-4.2 GHz) / Hydro H100i / Asus P8Z77-V Premium / 16GB DDR3 2400 Team Group Xtreem Frostbite CL10 RAM / XFX 7990 / 250GB Sansung 840 Evo / 2 x 3TB Seagates in RAID-1 / 1TB Seagate for storage / Corsair HX750 / HAF932 / BenQ XL2411T monitor / CM Storm Trigger brown keyboard & Storm Recon mouse
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Despite having a GNVQ Intermediate and an AVCE Advanced in IT and ICT, I consider myself a noob with computers now as they are more advanced than I can deal with

Default Re: Weekly Giveaway Mega Thermaltake prizes to be won! (case, PSU and notebook cool

Did you guys get your prizes yet?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

yep - got my PSU now. 1st one got stuck in one of the countries customs and was returned to TT, so they resent it - got it a week or two ago.

Read above lol - I had to send a letter to Asus UK, basically asking them to supply me with a new retail boxed motherboard.
    i7 3770k (1.6-4.2 GHz) / Hydro H100i / Asus P8Z77-V Premium / 16GB DDR3 2400 Team Group Xtreem Frostbite CL10 RAM / XFX 7990 / 250GB Sansung 840 Evo / 2 x 3TB Seagates in RAID-1 / 1TB Seagate for storage / Corsair HX750 / HAF932 / BenQ XL2411T monitor / CM Storm Trigger brown keyboard & Storm Recon mouse
    Despite having a GNVQ Intermediate and an AVCE Advanced in IT and ICT, I consider myself a noob with computers now as they are more advanced than I can deal with

yep ..i got laptop cooler...thanks

I got the case too. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdollcatman View Post
    yep - got my PSU now. 1st one got stuck in one of the countries customs and was returned to TT, so they resent it - got it a week or two ago.

Read above lol - I had to send a letter to Asus UK, basically asking them to supply me with a new retail boxed motherboard.

any luck with the board yet?

Nah, board was sent RMA on the 20th.

I'm now going to start saving up for an i7 PC - so in about 12 weeks (16 tops) I'll be buying a new computer.

If the board is faulty again then Asus will hopefully replace it, but I'm asking them to give me a graphics card too as one of my BFG's is acting a little funky now - and I don't see why I should have to replace my 2nd pair of cards due to their poor nforce boards.
    Last edited by Ragdollcatman; 01-23-2010 at 05:32 AM.

But even if the board works, I don't want to know - I've given my Dad the Q9550 and the RAM.

I'll check to see if the board works, and if it does I'll see if I can get a neighbour interested in it. I'll offer him the board, an E6600 dual core chip, 2gb of Crucial Ballistix 800MHz RAM and a Cooler Master Comos 1000 for 175, and throw in the 2nd 8800GT card so that he can have 512Mb of graphics in SLi (which is plenty for his family as they don't do much with their PC)

I'm thinking of either buying one of Scan.co.uk: Leading supplier of Computer Hardware 's pre-overclocked systems, or if there is a decent board with SATA 3 and USB 3, I'll maybe stretch my budget a little further.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information