Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ATI Catalyst 10.1 Windows 7 Driver Analysis

Default ATI Catalyst 10.1 Windows 7 Driver Analysis

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "ATI Catalyst 10.1 Windows 7 Driver Analysis"

CarltonMellick is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ATI Catalyst 10.1 Windows 7 Driver Analysis

Really, I thought we wouldn't see anything to get excited about at all, but combine a few bumps in performance here and there with the normal range of bug fixes and it's a nice little driver update.
    Quite nice except for the grey stripe system crashes...
    And the System crashes using Firefox 3.6 and Flash 10.1 beta (glad ATI got that dropped frame issue sorted out as promised)...
    And getting the anti-aliasing working....
    4% Crysis improvement ?
    When asked about the driver issues I was told by an AMD admin that it's because after I uninstalled the original driver sets I ran Driver Sweeper before installing the new package !
    Great card series-unfortunately AMD seem to think that pushing cards out the door completes the task in hand...time to relax out..."hey, what the hell, the cards have only been out for 3+ months, and it's not like we have any competition,,,bwah-ha-ha"

A nice little driver update indeed.

Perhaps you could ask ATI/AMD why there isn't a Windows 7 driver (which has been publicly available for months) for a TV tuner that they still sell?

GPU39_ATITVWonderDrivers

They waste time making sure they don't miss monthly updates instead of actually focusing on the things they should be doing.
    Last edited by terminal addict; 02-02-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Nice review - sounds to me 10.1 was just a patch for the 5970 cards.

Not too long ago ATI had problems with sharply declining driver quality - if I recall right it was when the HD 4xxx cards came out. Bad driver releases continued for a couple of month until someone got fired from the development department.

Looks to me we are looping in time..
    GA-FXA990-UD3v4
    AMD FX-8320
    Kingston 2x4GB 1866 HyperX
    Gigabyte R6850C-1GB
    1x WD Blue 1TB / 1x SSHD 1TB Seagate
    Win7x64

Thread Information