Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Intel 750 1.2TB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 AIC SSD Review

Default Intel 750 1.2TB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 AIC SSD Review

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Intel 750 1.2TB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 AIC SSD Review"

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Intel 750 1.2TB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 AIC SSD Review

OMG, Coulter, you bum, you get to test the Intel 750, how did you manage that?

Nice review of course, but... yes I have a but or two.

You didn't seem to have one, but I'm wondering about the Intel 750 SFF version. Since it uses the SFF8643 connector and requires the mother board used with it to have a SFF8643 connector, which is not found on consumer mother boards, I suppose there is no point in testing this version of the 750. A quick description of the SFF 750 would have been nice.

You mentioned possible temperature issues with the AIC 750, but never followed up on that. You had some kind of PCIe card cooler mounted with the 750, so the temperature of the 750 was never a problem.

Of course I'd like to know how the 400GB 750 performs, the specs seem to indicate the two capacities are very close, but many times the smaller capacity SSDs do not perform as well as the larger capacity models do.

Finally, try to find one of these SSDs in stock somewhere. Nowhere to be found today, April 2, 2015. Sigh...

Thread Information