Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Yes or No to pop-under advertising

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes or No to pop-under advertising (cookie security discussi

In an ideal world we wouldn't have any ads, but these ads mean, as Mr Tweak says, that TweakTown will be able to provide a better level of service and continue to grow.

So Popunder ads = more resources = better content

If you disagree with the ads, keep in mind that the content is free to you and has to be paid for somehow.

First of all, I would like to thank Mr. Tweak for once again putting us folks first.

Not everyone would be so sensitive to the desires of a gang of misfits like those of us that gather at this fountain of knowlege.
    You da' man Mr. Tweak

Now I must admit that I don't find pop-up/under ads to be very appealing - though on rarest of occasion they do actually hold content that is of interest to me, if so I click.

But the fact that Mr. Tweak finds enough merit in the prospect to consider it, indicates to me that perhaps he deems it desirable on a financial level.

Seems to be a fair appraisal on my part to say that I've probably burned up my fair share of bandwidth here at TweakTown - even my 2+kbs adds up over time.
    If allowing the advertisers to utilize this tactic will enable Mr. Tweak to offset the costs incurred through operation of this site, then by all means give it a try and see if it helps.
    I truly hope it will work out well for all of us if such a venture is implemented.

So go for it Mr. Tweak, and I'll do my very best to keep looking at the positive side of things here at my online home away from home.

I guess no one will know exactly how this will turn out until we give it a try -- I'm up willing to give it a fair chance for both our sakes
    :cheers:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I do my best Mr.C

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

wings: all newbies face Mecca and bow to thy king.......
    praise Allah the Jihad has begun....:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by dryadsoul
    wings: all newbies face Mecca and bow to thy king.......
    praise Allah the Jihad has begun....:cheers:

Message by proxy:

Thanks
    :flames:

When I surf I always have five+ windows open. Tweaktown now keeps poping to the front which can get very annoying. Is there anyway to stop that?

Or has it always been like that and I just didn't notice?

Thanks,
    Michael

That's just your computer telling you which of the open windows has the best content...go with it buddy :)

2 days has passed and I was proved wrong - pop under code has been added to TweakTown.

If you see anymore than one pop under ad per day, contact me straight away and I will go sick at our advertising agency!
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE

Persian Immortal just let me know if you have cookies blocked (e.g. if you have a HIGH level of Privacy in Internet Explorer) you will see a pop under each time you refresh a page since these ads are cookie based.

Either way, our advertising agency is aware of this and is looking to have the problem fixed within a week...

:thumb:
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Just go ahead and add *.tweaktown.com to your trusted sites list.
    The ads are not generated from this domain so it is cool.
    And Mr. Tweak isn't going to do anything nasty to your PC, so just take the TweakTown cookie - they are delicious and free.

Many internet advertisers have long been on my restricted sites list - to date, this has caused me no conflicts when accessing TweakTown. Even if those restricted domains are serving the ad content, tweaktown.com comes through just fine.

Good luck on this new venture Mr. Tweak!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information