Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Grantsdale

I read that the Grantsdale chipset will be the first to feature PCI Express and the NewCard format. So, PCI Express will replace both PCI and AGP but for a while there will still be a PCI slot or two left in motherboard designs.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...,895785,00.asp
    http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...,903746,00.asp

A question that I have was answered but I don't know if I understand it.

PCI Express graphics cards, which will use a x16 connector, will be propped up by the retaining slot, the connector, and a special clip, said Bala Cadambi, the PCI Express initiative manager at Intel.
    Is there going to be a designated slot on the motherboard for a graphics card or will the card itself include this special clip.

Also I wonder if the ATX form factor will change with the PCI Express changes or if it'll stay the same.

Hello , I saw that you were using pc3200 in a 2700 board . Do you see any overclocking goodness using 32 over the 27 or is there more loss than gain for the buck ... not that i really care about the buck .... is the gain ........
    Vulcan chicks are hot .......... Cezch chicks are hot ............ my left palm is not

It is pretty much a necessity if you are overclocking to a high degree.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Usin' the higher rated memory not only gives ya better headroom when overclockin' but allows more aggressive memory timings as well.

I have the 2.53GHz overclocked to 2.85GHz and the memory running at 400MHz. I haven't ran any benchmarks to see if it actually runs any faster than 2.53/333.

Thread Information