Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: ATi R250 (Radeon 8500 MAXX)?

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Yeah there's been a few sites carry it now. :smokin:

well.. we saw it here first ;)

now i dont feel like so much of an ass for sticking up for this story in other forums.. hehe ..

Aside from the oddities that others have pointed out, I have a new one from a cabinet makers perspective.

You see, I have attached a lot of pieces of hardware to cabinets (door handles, drawer pulls etc...) and I always pay attention to the orientation of the screw heads when doing so. This caused me to notice that the 4 screws holding the heatsinks are aligned in exactly the same position on both heatsinks. Very very unlikely scenario to say the least.

Peace

Tyana:o

Looks like some ppl might be eating their words.
    Mr T, I for one am certainly praying for your information to be correct.
    That way these cynical ppl will feel like ripe dills for criticising you so much about this.

Cheers to Mr T, for have the guts to post it in the first place.

:thumb:

Tyana, you beat me to it. I mean if you were trying to get a matching set of screw head patterns, wouldn't you try and make them straight?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroIdea
    Tyana, you beat me to it. I mean if you were trying to get a matching set of screw head patterns, wouldn't you try and make them straight?
    I know I certainly would make them nice and straight. This has to be just about the worst attempt I have seen yet to pass something off as real.

Actually, I had a Rage Fury Maxx. It was the very first card I ever bought for a review. I was never able to get the bloody card to work well enough or long enough to review it. As soon as someone told me about this I knew it had to be fake as I was very sceptical that ATI would try that nonesense again. And, if they did, they sure as hell wouldn't call it "Maxx". That would be suicidal.

Look at how much of a shadow the the heatsink on the left casts, it would make sense that the heatsink on the right would cast more of a shadow. Look at the capisitor (big silver cy just below the one on the right, and then look at the capasitor to the right of the heatsink... interesting? No doubt it's a photoshop picture in my mind.

I dont think it is a photshop job. More likely real, with the light source placed in an odd position.
    Yesterday will soon be tomorrow.

Mr Tweak, if the card is really coming out "very soon" then why the hell would they photoshop an image instead of taking a picture of the prototype? Gee, I dunno, maybe because the image is a cheap FAKE and the product doesn't exist?

The right fan has a shadow cut off on the bottom of it.

The right fan on the left side, the shadow is completely ****ed. Is there anything on the fan that could cast that shadow? No, I don't think so.

The metal "drum" below the right fan casts no shadow.

The metal "drum" to the right of the fan on the right has its shadow cut off when it touches the edge of the fan.

The left fan's wires cast no shadow.

The fan screws are in the EXACT same position.

The fan blades are in the EXACT same position.

Zoom into each of the fans and notice how the light on them are the EXACT same. Obviously copied.

The picture quality degrades as it goes to the right. It becomes blurry/fuzzy.

Why the hell are they going to use old ram instead of the relatively new DDR ram?

Bottom line, cheap ass hack job. If it was real they would have taken a decent quality photograph of the PROTOTYPE.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information