Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ATi R250 (Radeon 8500 MAXX)?

Wow, thats gonna be one big bad power eatin' card. Go ATI :shoot3:

that image is sooooo photoshoped. There might be real card like this, but alot of things, like the ATI logos, look like they are at the wrong angle, and just posted on top. Also, the capacitors look really shiny and way too reflective. Also the HSF connectors are fake, and a different design too. Around nearly ALL the capacitors, there are signs of feathering (a technique in photoshop), which would point to them not being there originally. The worst part though, is that two of capacitors look like they meld into each other, and the one big chip (furthest to the left) has some *garble* around the connectors, which suggests the person used cloning. So, imo, the image isn't from ATI, as it looks manufactured completely. And they didn't even do that good of a job, either.

well.. good way to keep people from buying video cards now ..

release a pic of a video card so insane it will give you nightmares and tell people that's gonna be your next card (leak it so you aren't responsible if it isnt real) .. so people hold off on buying GF4's until ATi releases RV250? (don't call me crazy .. i already know i am ;) )

well whatever.. these rumors are enough to keep my from buying anything soon :P if ATi releases one of these im gonna go nuts..

and i really dont think it would be unheard of for someone (ATi in this case) to edit a picture for a product to make it look prettier to everyone .. some prerelease photos of cards do look so nice they look fake ..

just curious.. are those the fans/heatsinks used on PreSE Radeon1's ?

Sorry I don't have time to read all the old post but...

My question is that Will this 8500 MAXXXXXXXXXXX card repeat the Radeon MAxx history, which is hard to make new drivers and end up like what Radeon Maxx did.

It's really dissappointing if it's like that again. I rather keep my 8500 and be happy

Who knows... People tend to learn from their previous mistakes, maybe ATi have as well.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorS
    this still might be real.. but the pic isnt of a real card..

unless ATi photoshopped the heatsinks/fans onto the card of course

look at the light reflections, and any smears and **** on the heatsinks.. 100% identicle .. reflection locations and sizes are the same on both heatsinks.. also remember to forget the fact that the rear end is a bit smaller.. hides some differences and some things are a bit darker, but you can tell they are the same..

dunno.. maybe ati photoshopped some reflections on there to make it look prettier?
    i'm not a guy who picks up all the small details but the shadow effect of the HSF's looks so good. But then again i wouldn't be sure if that could have been photoshopped either.

Looks Photoshopped, the wire for the heatsink fan on the leftmost chip is displaying no shadow. The lightsource is coming from the top right of the image as can be seen from the shadows from the capacitors and heatsinks and yet that wire has no shadow. Not to mention the attachment onto the board from the wire also looks festored.

That image is definitely not real, and I highly doubt it came from ATi. Here's why:

TweakTown would certainly not be the first site to receive this information if it was leaked. The Register or another larger site would have gotten to it before TweakTown. No offense to TweakTown, but chances are the info would have gone to a larger site first. If this information came officially came from ATi, they would not send an image that was so poorly edited. If you go to ATi's online press room and look at all their other press kits, the images are perfect. They wouldn't just all of a sudden release a crappily edited photo. Also, ATi sure as hell wouldn't go to TweakTown with this information first. Again, no offense to TweakTown, but ATi would talk to Tom's Hardware and AnandTech first. TweakTown would definitely not be high on their list.

So, in that case, where did the photo come from? That should be pretty obvious. "Mr. Tweak" isn't dumb enough to release material under NDA (this material would be under NDA if it was real) because if he did, he could forget about ever getting samples from ATi to review again. However, Mr. Tweak understands that if he has news about this new Radeon MAXX, bigger sites like AnandTech (which is how i got here) will link to his "leak" and he will get quite a bit of traffic from it. After all, who out of AnandTech's 2 million readers doesn't want to hear about this new Radeon MAXX. What is the result? Mr. Tweak makes a pretty penny on his advertisements because his traffic increases.

It isn't easy running a tech site like this right now - ad rates are lower than ever and it is even beginning to become hard to find advertisers. So ask yourself this: would you make up information and photoshop and image to help boost your business and make some extra bucks? Maybe you wouldn't, but at least think of the number of people you know who would.

Is this hot new info about an ATi graphics card? No, although some of it is probably true. Is this a scheme by ATi to hurt GeForce4 sales? No. ATi would have done a better job. Is this some scheme by a site owner to make some extra cash and boost his reader base? You can decide for yourself, but it is clear that this image is not real and that this information is not from ATi.

On the other hand, ATi does have an R250 product, they will release a new board for Comdex Fall 2002, and the R300 is shceduled to come out sometime next spring, but driver issues will likely delay it to at least June.

june? .. you dont mean next year do you?

R250 is being shown off at mac expo the middle of this month and will be on store shelves in Augest at latest.. R300 announcement Augest, on store shelves September or October at longest.. pretty common knowledge too.. where did you get your info? just curious..

ztadmin.. i dunno who the hell you are, but it's obvious the info you have is pulled out of your own ass.. and you can say tweaktown is making up stories for traffic? unlikely ..

btw everyone. info taken from Rage3d forums..

in latest ATi drivers that mention R250 they mention "R250 Secondary" which as some rage owners might know "Rage Secondary" was their maxx version .. and john carmack himself said "multichip solutions are coming"...

R250 maxxx is a BIG possibility... looks like ATi is at least thinking about it..

i shouldn't have said anything about the damn pic .. blah :|

that image is a combination of the image of a radeon 64MB and the image of a radeon 7500 (both from the ATI webpage) and some extras..

the front of the card is from the 7500 and the back is from the 8500..

also they do did a decent job with photoshop... but please dont take us as fools .... we are not drunk...

look what i did in about 5 minutes with the photoshop, i didnt add the 2nd gpu... it will take maybe another 5 minutes, also i didnt adjust the colors or contrast...

i may add, what i wanted to prove was that if you look into the first part of the card (where the connectors are to the rage chip) is from a 7500 and from there to the back the card is identical to the 8500 (only missing the 2nd gpu)

with my experience with photoshop (over 5 years working with images all day) i can say that the image of the 8500 MAXXX is FAKE, no doubt about it.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information