Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: ATi R250 (Radeon 8500 MAXX)?

Seems really cool - just wondering -isn't the R250 supposed to integrate the TV-Out funtionality on-die? If that is so, what is the purpose of the Rage Theater chip seen in the picture?
    What exactly does the Rage Theater chip do?
    VIVO? - The DVD features are on-die already right?

Thanks!

Quinn brings up some interesting arguments - here may another thing: POWER - two GPU's takes considerable amounts of power - those capicitors between the pics look identical and there are even a few REMOVED on the 'MAXX' pic - i doubt the power stuff would be simpler than the 8500's - if anything more complicated

there's another fake Radeon Maxx here:

http://www.3dfxzone.it/forumzone/top...tri+produttori

this time it's a 9500 model scoring 27000+ 3Dmarks :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1981
    i knew it looked fake, but i just want to proove it to you guys.

the 8500 press release pics had ESMT memory on them, that was the only time ive ever seen some on an 8500. now, take a look at this press release pic with 4ns ESMT memory on it.

its a nice try, but it still sucks.

also, who would put fan pins between 2 memory chips? horrible layout, bad erasing on the edges, bad contrast overall, color doesnt match in several places. bad bad bad.

plus, whos going to believe ATI would accomplish or think about all this:

• 100% effective surface removal
    • Better texture handling than everybody else
    • VIVO add on card
    • actually listening to their customers

peaceout... : peace:
    *swish* Good points man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak

Firstly, the email was not just sent to us but a number of other high profile sites. I managed to post the scoop first and the reason I'm tipping you didn't see any info posted on these bigger sites was because of advertising contracts between x and ATi which I know they are forking a lot of cash out for at the moment.

As far as I'm concerned you should believe this info - I can't say who it came from but I think in two weeks time you'll see this card being released. Maybe the picture isn't real, but then again maybe the card itself isn't ready yet and they just created an picture of what they thought the card may look like for final release.

Now onto your third comment about the advertising, for your information TweakTown does not do any CPM advertising, so I really couldn't careless how much traffic we do, as far as advertising dollars goes - And I don't even have a copy of photo shop installed and would not have the faintest idea how to use it, especially to that degree.

You're right though, because the industry is currently in a hole advertising is hard to come by - and that sucks.

The role of media is to cause attention, and if you owned your own website and were given some *exclusive news* which you were fairly certain was true and accurate, you would be silly if you didn't post it which at the very least would give everyone some juicy stuff to read, which I am sure you've all found interesting, right?

The conclusions you've drawn are unfounded - I have a copy of the e-mail sitting in my inbox if I need to prove myself. The person who sent it to me won't be happy but if I have to prove myself, I will.
    You are SO full of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1

You are SO full of ****.

....nice of the guy to register just to post that

ive heard many rumors about posible Maxx products, like there was one for the radeon and there was even a working engineering board at some hardware show that some got to peak at. its just not going to be a viable solution until the AGP spec changes some more and materials are cheaper.

the new Maxx stuff ATI most likey has that was shown at the show, is a chipset with a controller chip, which is what i heard would be included. this would pretty much elliminate any OS/dual chip problems there could be.

another point: if there was a Maxx product launch, it wouldnt have old type of memory most likely. it would probably be the newer BGA type to save space and power.

my personal opinion: ATI has working dual chip cards in house and plans to make a product release with Maxx type technology.

My .05 cents. (inflation) :)

looks like it could be photoshopped. ... it is mentioned in the article that there will be a daughter board for all the VIVO functions .. yet this card has , or appears to have, all VIVO features already on it

kinda odd that they would use the older type memory when the newer 8500s have the bga type (smaller footprint) DDR memory

another point is, from what i remember of the Rage Fury Maxx, it could not work as a 4x AGP card because it was recognized by Windows as one AGP card and one PCI. And the Maxx as i recalled only worked in Windows 98 and ME.

Is a Fake at the end or not ?

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information