Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: ATi R250 (Radeon 8500 MAXX)?

The score is hight, is impossible.....
    But a some of similar i have seen 2 week ago, but it had a score of r300.
    Reciclated ?

It has definately been photoshopped... the wires for the front GPU fan do not have any shadow at all. Oops.

One more thing that proves its a fake:
    In the first pic look at the right fan, near the top of the right side we see a small bit of red. Hmm... what could that be? Lets compare it to the second pic where the fan wire connects to the fan near the top right. Whoever made this image just cut and pasted the fan slightly above its original position.

I agree, the pic has been doctored... look at the hsf's power connecter and cord. It has some serious depth problems as it passes over the card to the hsf.

But oh well, I already bought my 8500, so whatever :afro:

Its a tough one really. I have to say the card does look photoshopped but does that mean the actual information is incorrect...Who knows...

I also have to say that AnandTech tend not to post stories they dont believe so whilist the image may be bogus, the information may be perfectly legit although there are that many bogus stories going about, its easy to see why this is hard to believe!

I have heard from some distribrutors that the R250 will be up for release around the 20th of August but we will have to wait too see it this is correct aswell, time will tell...

Spacerider

Why not just ask ATi what they are doing, I'm relatively new to computers and even I can see that the picture is fake.

ATi probably won't give you an answer but no harm in trying is there?

Is it even normal for a VGA card to be that long? Its massive compared to my GF3ti200 (128), and I thought my GF3 was massive compared to my old Kyro 1.
    :D

ATI to my mind have been trying to prove that they are a competitive force, and they were pretty damn close with the 8500, but not quite there.

If they are feeling confident about the performance of the R300 (a dual 8500 board would be fast), then this would be the perfect card to back it up. It would certainly silence their critics if they could do it, the 8500 MAXX in competition with the MX460/4200 and later NV18, the R300 the Ti4200/4600 and later on NV30. It would provide them with a very solid product line up.

On the other hand this is ATI and their not particularly ambitious and that picture is fake.
    --------
    JADS
    --------

I find it highly unlikely that ATi would be forwarding photochopped images around, internally or externally.

If it's a legitimate product, then there will already be engineering samples around. And considering how close to release they are, the engineering samples they have will be almost final product - so why would they not just take a photo of an engineering board, rather than (badly) photochop bits and pieces of other products?

Considering how close ATi are to releasing the R300, why would they even release a MAXX version of the 8500, which would, unless R300 is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the R200 (and it's not, it has more features, and DirectX9 compliance, but it's not THAT far ahead) perform so well that it would steal sales from the R300? After all, there's nothing out there that requires DirectX 9 yet (since it's not even released yet, and more than likely won't be released between now and the R300 launch), what reason would people have to purchase an R300 based card if an 8500 MAXX was released?

Finally, the R250 is an update R200 GPU. Why would ATi only put it onto a MAXX card, when their previous MAXX offerings were poor, and not bought by many people anyway? SLI (and it's counterparts) is dead, it's expensive to implement well (hence it's only featured on expensive professional graphics cards, which don't do gaming anyway) and there's already enough power in current and future GPUs that it's simply not required for gaming. I expect to see a single GPU R250 product, but a dual GPU product makes NO sense what-so-ever.

I just can't see ATi doing this. The picture is obviously doctored, and the product doesn't fit anywhere in ATi's product line. The whole story stinks of fabrication - not necessarily here at Tweaktown, but I think that somewhere along the line, someone's laughing at the fools who believed this.
    Webmaster, AusDAoC
    http://www.ausdaoc.net

Want the OBSOLUTE proof that this is a fake (like you didn't already know :p ) ? Look at the big capacitor on the lower-right corner... oops, no shadows! A small wire no having a shadow is believable, but not a capacitor... and at the 2/3 of the board, you can see that the PCB changes green color.

Waiting for my Radeon 9700,
    Frankymail out

Here is your proof that it is very very fake.

A pic of a Tyan Tachyon G500 RV250 snapped at Computex.

Notice it only has one GPU, and is very much of 'normal' size.

Full story here.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information