Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faster than the Current GeForce 4

DOOM III will be (I think ;)) the first game to take advantage of both the Radeon 9700 and NV30 gpu's processing power/shaders/etc.....using the newest version of direct x...9

hmmmmm.....DOOM 3 !!!!!
    I heard about the multi-gpu rumor from a few major internet sites a few months ago...but, they're just rumors... :cry:
    wouldn't that be insane though....

Here are some new pics from Quakecon 2002....DOOM 3 !!!
    PIC 1

PIC 2

SOURCE : [H]ard|OCP

This is gonna be sweet..... :snip: :snip: :snip:

looks sweet!

:cool: As long as the prices don't go up on the top end cards, I don't know how we can lose whether most games use the features or not.

E^vol

Damn those 2 Doom pic's look awesome dude. Looking at pics like that just make me want to upgrade my PC.

As for the retail price of the high end gaming nVidia card I don't think they will pass the $1000 mark.... Touch Wood.
    Without my other half in my life, where would I be - Absolutely nowhere

CASE: Antec Plusview 1000AMG || PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt || HSF: ThermalTake Copper Spark7+ || CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz (800Mhz) running @ 3.5Ghz || MOBO: Abit IC7-G (BIOS Rev: 16) || RAM: Corsair TWINX 512MB DDR (PC3200) || VIDEO: Asus V8420 GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB || SOUND: Creative Audigy 2 Platinum || HDD: x2 Seagate Barracuda Serial V 120GB (RAID 0) || CD: Pioneer 16x40x 106S Slot DVD / LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW || OS: Windows XP Professional SP1

ok NV30 when released will cost in the area of 400USD. Why do I say this when I don't know it for a fact? Is every single Nvidia release (don't know about ATI) every single new release of every "new" card always costed 400 retail. When the geforce 2 ultra's first came out they were that cost. When the gefoce 3's first came out they costed that. When the geforce 4 ti's first came out they were that cost. They slowly drop the price. Hammmer will also be around 5-600 upon release. That's the new price of every AMD release. I remember the Athlon Classic 700MHz. It costed like 500USD at krex.com. Think about it.

You are exactly right about that ReSpAwN. When 400 USD is converted to AUS it works out to be approximately $730. So with tax thrown on top it works out to be at the $800 to $850 mark. I'm glad that these new cards that come out don't result in getting higher and higher in price.

I'm so damn curious about the new Athlons that will be released soon. I want to see how they compare against the mighty P4 Northwoods that have taken possession of the throne at the moment.... :?:
    Without my other half in my life, where would I be - Absolutely nowhere

CASE: Antec Plusview 1000AMG || PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt || HSF: ThermalTake Copper Spark7+ || CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz (800Mhz) running @ 3.5Ghz || MOBO: Abit IC7-G (BIOS Rev: 16) || RAM: Corsair TWINX 512MB DDR (PC3200) || VIDEO: Asus V8420 GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB || SOUND: Creative Audigy 2 Platinum || HDD: x2 Seagate Barracuda Serial V 120GB (RAID 0) || CD: Pioneer 16x40x 106S Slot DVD / LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW || OS: Windows XP Professional SP1

It is the first new card design from nVidia that the ex-3DFX guys have worked on / co-designed !
    Oh no! 3dfx went out of business for a reason, bad descision after bad descision. But I spose they had some good Electical and Computer Engineers. Hopefully they won't be allowed to make any descisions on their own. haha :p

And as I've said before, Doom3 will be the second most significant FPS ever, right behind Quake1.

It will be phenomonal. That second screenshot... :eek: :eek: :eek:
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Well personally I think the hammmer will rape the P4 in every direction. Those benchmarks that were released of 800Mhz stacking up against 1.6-1.8Ghz weren't exactly real world benchmarks. That is very close though. Firstly the hammer will start at 2Ghz which I think it will start off at. Which means continueing where thouroughbred and barton will end at. Secondly lose the Pr rating system. Its so stupid even I fall for it sometimes. Also hammer might be release at $500USD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information