Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NV30 = Nitro ??

Seems like a good possibility that the NV30 will be called GeforceFX
    One reason is the CineFX engine it uses, another one is this
    http://www.geforcefx.com/
    According to this
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/story.html?id=1037292690
    Nvidia has registered the geforcefx domain..

Still its not final, and Im not convinced until i hear the announcment from Nvidia at Comdex..
    and frankly i dont give a rats ass what its called.. as long as it rocks the business hehe.

And a Quote from Xbitlabs with my favorite part in bold

"Remember that NVIDIA GeForceFX features 8 rendering pipelines with 2 TMUs on each one, DirectX 9 support, 256/128-bit DDR SDRAM memory controller, AGP 8x and a lot more technical innovations.
    I would like to point out that some Pixel and Vertex Shader features the GeForceFX can offer are even better than provided by the target DirectX 9.0 platform.
    Additionally, the next-generation VPU from NVIDIA offers some very efficient memory controller to provide even higher memory bandwidth compared to the rivals and predecessors.

The GeForceFX is to be announced on Monday, the 18th of November. NVIDIA will only be able to deliver the next-generation highly-anticipated NV30 graphics processors in January or February next year"

Saw some new juicy rumors on the NV30 over here..
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=6260

Still im not taking anything for granted untill the reviews hit the web, but it does look very promising.

again with the quotes:
    "We can also confirm that with 1.0 GHz data rate plus Lightspeed Memory Architecture 3, a card will be able to reach an amazng 48 GB/s , double what the Radeon 9700 PRO can do with its DDR 256 bit memory. Remember Nvidia will use 128 bit memory this time and will save its breath for 256 bit DDR II for future designs."

HAha.. i love this.. seems like the name GeforceFX is based on this website.
    www.geforcefx.com
    well i just took another look at it..
    i suggest you all have a peek =)

I've seen a spec sheet for both the GeForce FX and the GeForce 4 Ti being compare, it seems that the FX card can do over 9 times the amount of instrustions in some cases, and also very-high bit operations, I bet when this beauty launches, it'll be very expensive but worth it's money, keeping in mind that it's obviously MUCH faster and has features that even DirectX 9 doesn't support yet.

I'm going to be saving up for this monster!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information