Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grc.com/stevegibson is spreading FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and

Alright guys...this steve gibson was taking lot of our attention OFF the 98 tweaking, so here is a thread for you people to give your abilities to debate a ground to play.
    We would love to listen to every one's expert comment out here...: peace2: : peace:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

personlay I don't know where people go and start demonizing gibson....I really think that the sites that are flaming him are probaly created by the people he stopped from shutting down his site to get back at him or something like that:2cents:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Because about 50% of his articles are spent convincing you how cool he is. After reading one of his article you get whipped into some ungodly fury. His articles are purely psychological warfare. Nobody is doubting his techical know-how, but analyze his articles. He's captializing on the common man's fear on the internet.
    Work in progress..
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (@1.72ghz higher soon..)
    Gigabyte GA7VAXP (VIA KT400)
    256mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
    GeForce 4 MX420 (too broke to replace it with a real card)

A most excellent observation on your part Fallen Diety...........
    Am in full agreement there............i believe the proper term/discription for the man would be Anal Retentive Meglomaniac
    :2cents: just my take on the situation:wave: :devil win
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Well I feel that whether he is cashing on our fears or anything...I just like one thing that he is telling people that there are security concerns out there.
    People take their PC's as lightly as they used to take their transistors...If he makes even a few person install firewalls and anti-virus on their machines...I feel he did the job.
    Come on guys if you can't take his articles too seriously then you can't blow them away either. I feel that the only way to make people think about security is to tell them that something wrong is going to happen to them. If you tell someone that "he is about to die...he is going to take it as a fever"...thats how much people care about their PC's.
    I am not talking about you Fallen Deity or may be anyone else out here...but there are people out there who are as nuts as u can imagine.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

If a person is nuts don't we want their computer to die?

Or am I missing something here, again.

I have seen the light and understand now that his articles have BIG capitals in the right places like key words security,your,hackers,bot,spy,...etc....very interesting,but he isin't trying to sell anything though so why is he playing our emotions like a piano or trying to anyway. One thing for sure not me anymore

stupid fud spreaders:shoot3:
    :hammer:
    :snip:
    :steam:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

:blah:
    lol
    but for christs sake m8's all people are different with different ways to express themselves.. Any human with a bit of common sence will not be affected by his as you called it "fury" way to write.. If i can find any useful info on a site which i find rather crappy i just read between the lines, get the info, and then continue browsing to other sites.. I see no reason to even discuss this further.. Visit his site if it you can benefit from it, and stay away if you just don't like it.. ;)

:cheers:

What's this guy's deal anaway. This is the first I'm hearing about him.

Well It started when I mentiod his site when someone told me my 98se was very insecure and told them to go check out shields up and see how secure their xp systems are(all the vunerablities I keep hearing with home edition) back to the point, then someone gave this web-site out..... www.grcsucks.com aparently they say that stevegibson is a conspirator in the fear uncertinty and doubt department anyways If you read his articles on his site.... http://grc.com you will see that the way he talks could lead a person who is concerned already like paranoid android into A whole new level of FUD...its almost like evey other word on his site is in big letters with key word phrases and other emotional rollercoster crap.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information