Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Runcore SSD Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to Runcore SSD Technical Support!

Runcore Pro IV 1.8" 5mm PATA ZIF SSD - HP Mini 1000 <hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I just recently received this and got it to clone with the included TrueImage software. The problem I am having is with the motherboard detecting as a bootup device. I was only given two cables with the SSD. 1 cable has blue ends and it doesn't seem to fit - too thick. The other cable attaches fine but it doesn't recognize the SSD.

What can I do to resolve this? Purchased from MDD.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/runc...09/#post336694

Currently running an ASUS 900A/Ubuntu 9.10/AMIBios rev 1102
    Hardware: RunCore 32GB PATA Mini PCI-e PCIe SSD for ASUS EEE PC 900, and 900A and Transcend 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz SODIMM Memory

I upgraded to the RunCore SSD immediately after purchase of the ASUS in Nov 2008. Almost a full year later, the RunCore SSD failed in Nov 2009 and was replaced under warranty (would not boot/could not access ssd - tested using original 4 gb ssd and was able to boot use netbook). Used the netbook today at work, placed unit in hibernate when I got ready to leave, arrived home 2 hours later to find "hard disk locked" message - neither user account password or root account password will unlock the SSD - is there a default user passwords for the SSD? I have a really nice little brick until I can unlock the hard drive.

Does this indicate another SSD has failed in my netbook, and if so, any ideas of cause?

No, it just indicates that the Disk Controller Firmware is Dodgy

Very Dodgy

mebbe they should look elsewhere for a new supplier, the indilinx stuff seems a bit crappy, all the problems reported...

hello,
    will RCP-IV-S5032-CE (pro iv lite sata) work on asus eee pc 901(latest bios with sata support)?i want to replace internal 4gb one (50mm),you states that it is for t91,is it size,or pinout that is incompatible,or not tested?
    thanks

edit:works no problem(+-120mb/s read,+-50mb/s write seq.,system drive),win7 sees it as drive1(drive0 is slow patriot ssd),before installation i'm recommending removing second ssd,but too many screws... :)
    Last edited by paja_slovany; 01-28-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Default Re: Welcome to Runcore SSD Technical Support! "ZIF Cable Problem"

I have just bought from My Digital Discount.com a Runcore 1.8" Pro IV PATA ZIF SSD for Macbook Air Rev A (Model: RCP-IV-ZA1828-C).

I followed the installation guide booklet provided. However, when I try to connect the SSD to the USB adapter by the ZIF cable provided, I found the ZIF cable could not tightly connect with the SSD. As a result, my Macbook Air could not detect the SSD when I use the USB cable to connect them.

Could Runcore or anyone here let me know what to do. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by drjohnson View Post
    I had the same problem with mine but I found (just as I was about to give up on it) that if you plug in the USB side, and the ZIF side, it doesn't recognize. Then you S-L-O-W-L-Y start pulling the end out of the SSD insertion, and at some point the contact will awaken the USB and it will be recognized. (Basically the zif port is sketch)
    Then you lay the SSD down VERY VERY gently while the precious connection is intact and do NOT let a dog near the drive that might jiggle the table, or someone slam a door, anything that might break the precious contact. You should be able to load and format and all that.
    After that there's no need for the connection so the fact that it's totally sketch doesn't matter anymore. It's just the getting it loaded.
    If you are unsuccessful getting the drive recognized, don't hold your breath for an RMA from Runcore. I have been waiting quite a while for help from Runcore on a dead 128GB SSD drive described above.
    However, I have it on good authority that MDD has excellent customer support.
    Buying Runcore seems to be turning out to be the most expensive mistake I've made in either of 2009-2010
    Many thanks, drjohnson! I will try your method as suggested. Hope it will work, otherwise, I share your comment that it would be a very expensive mistake to make...

Hope Runcore official supports will also give me some guidance here.

Exclamation Re: Welcome to Runcore SSD Technical Support!

hello,

i pourchase a ssd runcore 128go pata zif for my macbook air revA and i have a big probleme...
    the connector are not the same to connect ssd...

in the runcore box there not pata zif connection but only connexion can you see.

it's ok i have take the zif connector on my hdd 80go and put in ssd runcore :)
    my macbook air is more faster but when i swith on the air it take approximatly 50secondes to go in the desk... is it normaly for a ssd?

thanks

The first time you boot from the SSD will take longer. After the first boot, your mac will take shorter time to boot. That's my experience.

Hi !!!

my ssd boot in 39/40s
    is it so long for a ssd runcore on my macbook air reA 1.6ghz???
    a firmware exist for ssd runcore? on the runcore site i don't see it...

thanks and sorry for my english.... i'm french ;)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information