Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RunCore Pro PATA Mini Zif SSD - Acer Aspire One

Unhappy Re: RunCore Pro PATA Mini Zif SSD - Acer Aspire One

But the product pages at runcore.com and runcorestore.com are still stating it is "soon to be compatible" with the AAO SSD.

The only AAO a runcore product is compatible with is the AAO HD version (with RunCore Pro III 2.5 inch SATA SSD).

Default Re: RunCore Pro PATA Mini Zif SSD - Acer Aspire One

Quote Originally Posted by aaouser View Post
    But the product pages at runcore.com and runcorestore.com are still stating it is "soon to be compatible" with the AAO SSD.

The only AAO a runcore product is compatible with is the AAO HD version (with RunCore Pro III 2.5 inch SATA SSD).

exactly my understanding.. can a runcore rep please update us to the state of affairs as it stands TODAY...

many thanks in advance....

Default Re: Gentlemen we have lift off.

Quote Originally Posted by Runcore Marketing View Post
    I just saw the Acer Aspire One running a cloned version of Windows XP on a Runcore mini Zif flawlessly. The problem was a bridge that needed to be backdated to an older spec part. We are fixing them now. They should ship some time next week.
    Matt Dawson
    Runcore CMO
    This was posted in early June, almost two months ago. I'd really appreciate any information on this as the built-in SSD is so terribly slow, I can hardly use the netbook.

I got mine working in my ZG5 now. It was just the usual hassle with getting mini-zif's into the socket properly. I'm still getting some nagging while booting. But it runs in UDMA33 mode ATM. Could just be more fiddling with the cables thats needed.
    Last edited by Tolle; 07-28-2009 at 03:39 AM.

any official news about 32gb ssd running on a110?

Quote Originally Posted by aaouser View Post

Well it works. In full speed mode now none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffropaige View Post
    i have the pro mini zif from runcore bought it from mydigitaldiscount for my hp mini 1000 and i get 69 read 19 write at the most always always always and i get freezing like crazy where the led just lights up for like 30-40 seconds and im just browsing the internet??? so whats the deal? thought they were fast? did i get an old version or something feel kinda cheated out of 219$ !!!! i use crsystaldiskmark and have not changed any settings on it. any help from you runcore? jeff jeffpaige31@hotmail.com
    Jeff what GB size did you get? The 16GB maybe that slow but as you go up in GB size the speed is substantially faster.

Also yes these do now work with the Acer aspire one and there is no stock on the HP only version left they were all sold on EBay. So you guys with Acers can order them freely.

Matt Dawson
    Runcore CMO

You finally made my dream come true. :-) Ordered one immediately. Will post my experiences here soon.

Just as an FYI for other users, my drive was not stable at UDMA 5 (ATA 100) speeds and it kept having Blue-screen-of-death errors and Windows freezing with the disk access light stuck on.

This was diagnosed as the ZIF cables not working well with UDMA 5, and was fixed by locking the IDE controller in Windows to a maximum speed of UDMA 4. Instructions for this are in another post I made in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Runcore Marketing View Post
    Jeff what GB size did you get? The 16GB maybe that slow but as you go up in GB size the speed is substantially faster.

Also yes these do now work with the Acer aspire one and there is no stock on the HP only version left they were all sold on EBay. So you guys with Acers can order them freely.

Matt Dawson
    Runcore CMO
    So would you say it is also safe to get one from Ebay because MemoryC seems to be out of stock at the moment and I am very interested in upgrading my SSD before my trip at the end of the month.

Is there any way to check whether a particular SSD will work with my Aspire One? Maybe some batch number or something?

Thanks a lot!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information