Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RunCore Pro PATA Mini Zif SSD - Acer Aspire One

Default RunCore Pro PATA Mini Zif SSD - Acer Aspire One

Does anyone know when the RunCore Pro PATA Mini Zif SSD will be available for the Acer Aspire One? I know it says on the product information that it is 'soon to be compatible with' I just wondered if there was any eta as I'm really interested in getting hold of one... the standard SSD in the acer is wayyyy too slow and I'd really like a drop-in replacement without the need to hack the chasis and install a 1.8" hard drive! Thanks

Default Re: RunCore Pro PATA Mini Zif SSD - Acer Aspire One

I will have an answer for you on Monday keep your fingers crossed.

Matt

I'm also interested in further information on this, as are lots of other people, the A1s are great other than the SSDs, what's the problem with them, is the pin configuration different than on the HPs?

Is anyone going to provide an answer to this question or what? It's been a week since "monday"

Sorry, I have been out for a few days with the weekend and the holiday in the U.S. According to our China team it works for sure but I have not seen that 1st hand yet but tomorrow morning I will install one and get you all of the juicy info you are looking for including benchmarks.

Matt Dawson
    RunCore CMO

Ok the sample we have here is having the same trouble on the Aspire One as the older Runcore model. I hope I was sent the wrong SSD. I will get more info tonight.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Runcore Marketing View Post
    Ok the sample we have here is having the same trouble on the Aspire One as the older Runcore model. I hope I was sent the wrong SSD. I will get more info tonight.

Matt
    Would you be able to provide any more detail about what "the same trouble" means? Is it a hardware compatibility issue, or is it a software problem - for example, that the Acer bios does not recognise the SSD?

Is there any bottleneck on Acer's side that needs to be fixed before the SSD can work? If so then I think many Aspire One owners would be interested in lobbying them to solve the problem. As once this SSD is confirmed as being compatible you are certain to sell a LOT.

I could not get the OS to install on the Runcore Mini Zif Drive via USB in the Acer Aspire one 8GB SSD model. I got an error saying that the disk could not be formatted. The BIOS sees it and reports the name of the disk just fine. I am going to try a few more things. I received an email from one of the designers who is on break (Chinese Holiday). He thinks it has something to do with the Zif cable so I am trying to gather up cables from other devices we have here. I will keep you posted.

Matt

any update on this? When you say the BIOS recognised the device do you mean when it was plugged in via USB or PATA ZIF internally? I think the whole problem with the previous version was it not being recognised using ZIF. I also read discussions involving cross-over/flip ZIF cables being required for some of the 1.8" ZIF hard drives and ZIF to CF adapters that people were using instead of the original 8GB SSD. Could this be causing your problems?

Default Gentlemen we have lift off.

I just saw the Acer Aspire One running a cloned version of Windows XP on a Runcore mini Zif flawlessly. The problem was a bridge that needed to be backdated to an older spec part. We are fixing them now. They should ship some time next week.

There is Mini Zif stock on the way to MyDigitalDiscount.com right now but that will only work with the HP mini 1000. But HP owners these are the JMicron Controlled version that is going to be very fast. Specs coming soon but we should see 80/45 R/W If you buy one from MDD or anyone else and you want it for the Acer make sure they know it. I know on MyDigitalDiscount.com they offer a memo section you should mention you want it for the Aspire One there.

Matt Dawson
    Runcore CMO
    RunCore SSD

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information